Battling Hunger at almost 3 months out.

racemomss
on 11/17/17 5:38 am - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

At this point I will try anything. I am snacky and hungry throughout the day. It is hard to keep my hands away from food. I had really thought I would have restriction more now than I did from the sleeve. But I can eat more now!

Laura in Texas
on 11/17/17 3:22 am

It could be acid. Ask your doctor.

I had RNY 9 years ago. I have felt hunger since day 1, but it has not prevented me from getting to goal and staying here. I can also eat an enormous amount of food. Sometimes I do, but most of the time I stick to my plan. I am determined to keep the weight off.

Mind over matter. You can do this!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

racemomss
on 11/17/17 5:40 am - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

I am so glad to know I am not the only one with this. I have actually been considering it may be the acid. I had it bad before the revision. It may be a life long issue for me. It is hard to stick to the plan. I do great with eating protein first, not drinking during meals, and staying away from sweets and carbs but I am so hungry it feels like. I haven't had anything not sit right or get stuck. I will be asking my doctor about acid for sure. Thank you so much for encouraging words. :)

drizz75
on 11/26/17 7:19 pm, edited 12/23/17 2:51 am

Have you tried upping your protien and adding a little healthy fat in there? It should help you feel full longer. I made no bake protien bites today (rolled oats, natural pb, vanilla protien powder, chia seeds) and I've been full all day.

JJT
on 12/23/17 5:11 am
Revision on 09/14/17

Hot liquids make me satisfied. I never feel full though if there is to much there I need to throw up because of the feeling of something stuck and the pain. I also never feel hungry but I feel depleted and shakey instead. When this was going on I wasn't consuming enough calories or protein. Get your liquids in not to feel full it helps the process. I have found when I crave (hunger for some) if I drink something really hot I feel satisfied. I drink a lot of chicken broth and Swiss Miss Light hot chocolate. I have learn to drink hot tea and infusing it helps with the bitter taste. For me my taste changed drastically and while I enjoyed coffee now I can't stomach it. Before I hated hot tea now it's my go to.

Most Active
Recent Topics