Sleeve to Sleeve revision

claricey
on 11/28/17 12:36 pm

Hi Everyone,

Looking for some experienced Sleeve to Sleeve folks. I'm going through the requirements to hopefully be resleeved around March 2018. My insurance requires a 6 month nutrition program and I'm half way through that. I lost about 60 pounds when i got my band removed in late 2014 and had a sleeve done at the same time. As my knees got worse (bone on bone in both) I am basically unable to exericse to help keep the weight off. Couple this with Peri-menopause/menopause and the pounds are coming on at an alarming rate. My Upper GI shows a sleeve defect so I'm hoping insurance approval won't be a concern.

My surgeon says when he re-sleeve's he makes them very small. I believe no more than 2 ounces food at a time.

Does anyone have any experience with this surgery that they would care to share?

Any info is helpful to me at this point in my journey.

Thanks very much!

Claricey

Donna L.
on 11/28/17 7:40 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

The smaller the sleeve the higher the chance of getting GERD. I'd consider looking at a revision to the DS or the RNY. Intestinal bypasses also reset our hormones. The sleeve's metabolic benefit is strong too, but only lasts a year.

Exercise doesn't really keep weight off...it's 90-95% diet. I mean, I lost about 300-350 before I started exercising. Lost 461 total or thereabouts, all from diet.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

ladygodiva1228
on 11/29/17 5:43 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I agree with Donna 110% about looking into either the DS or RNY. Making a sleeve that small could really cause serious issues down the road. Trust me you do not want GERD/reflux/heartburn any of it.

Exercise really don't help much in losing weight or keeping it off, it more of what we eat that causes the weight loss and maintenance.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Most Active
Recent Topics