6 Month supervised diet (insurance)

1stlady
on 11/30/17 6:34 am - VA

Hello,

I have Anthem BCBS just wondering if anyone else out there has to do a supervised diet to have insurance approval. I am actually revising from the lap band to the sleeve due to it simply not working for me anymore.

Ms_Olivere
on 11/30/17 8:08 am

Yes for my revision with FED BCBS I had to do the supervised diet/nutrition counseling and be cleared by a mental health eval.

HW:214.9 10/13/17 Revision LapBand to Sleeve 11/8/17 SW:205.5 CW:194.4

Goal Weight: 145

Virgie Tschirhart
on 12/2/17 9:30 pm - Midwest City, OK

Hi Ms_Olivere,

I have Fed BCBS also. Do you remember how long it took for them to approve you?

I am trying to get my packet sent to them. I thought I was done with everything. I even had to use a CPAP machine for 14 days before they send it through since I do have sleep apnea. My 14th day was 30 Nov 17 and I asked her is there anything else? She said no I did everything I was supposed to do.

I already did the 90 day supervised/diet/nutrition counseling and have been cleared on my mental health. I have HBP, Type II diabetes and a Hiatal Hernia with GERD. I have a BMI of 36. I called on Dec 1 to see what the status on my patient package if it was sent to insurance. The medical assistant left me a voice message and told me that I have to call her she has some a couple questions for me. By the time I heard her message, they were closed. I really want to get this approved before the end of the year so I won't have to pay a big deductible. Monday, God willing, I will be calling her to see what she needs now......

Ms_Olivere
on 12/4/17 7:48 am

With your Co-Mobids you should get approved in about 2 weeks. It took me a month I originally was denied but my provider appealed the denial and then I was approved. Good luck to you!

HW:214.9 10/13/17 Revision LapBand to Sleeve 11/8/17 SW:205.5 CW:194.4

Goal Weight: 145

Virgie Tschirhart
on 12/4/17 9:34 am - Midwest City, OK

I sure hope I get approval soon. Thanks so much for replying.