Revision - getting ready!

Donna L.
on 12/14/17 8:24 am, edited 12/14/17 12:25 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Posting the update here for 12/14 so I am not spamming topics all over the place.

Pulmonary function test and clearance were completed this week. The soonest I can get a cardiologist clearance is January 9th, though (ugh) which is highly annoying. I'm hoping I don't need yet another stress test. The cardiologist is the last thing I need, thankfully. I was surprised I didn't need another EGD, but I'm not complaining. And, these two are just to make the anesthesiologist happy, really.

Insurance requires the psych eval only for authorization (weird). Conveniently, I recently had a 4 hour neuropsychological assessment for ADHD and to retest my IQ (it'd been quite some time), so the psychologist will be using that data for the letter since I just had it done. Spoiler alert: surprising no one, I have ADHD :P

Tentative date remains 2/19...only out so far because we are not sure how quick it takes to get the cardiac crap done. They were ready to move ASAP. If I can get it moved up I'd be delirious because it means a vacation from work. And yes, I realize that basically the only way I get vacations is to get major surgery, heh.

In between all this I have also started proactive therapy for lymphedema, and am now sorting out whether I have lipidema as well. They are 99% sure, but are going to do more evaluations. If this is the case, a large amount of that adipose tissue can't be lost even with WLS, and I will require special liposuction to remove it. This fat is not removable by diet, exercise, or anything besides surgery. Yay? I should probably write a post about that process, too, at some point, because I wouldn't be surprised if many of us have had either.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Recent Topics