Sleeve revision to RNY, is my pouch the same size as regular RNY pouch?

Virgie Tschirhart
on 1/6/18 9:10 am - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17

I plan to ask this question next week when I go to see my doctor for my first 2 week visit. I'm on day 11 of my full liquid stage. I have been able to drink my shakes and intake my water for the day close to 64 oz. I was just wondering about my pouch.

As we know, when my stomach was Sleeved it was a lot smaller, banana shaped. Now that it's been revised to a RNY small pouch wonder if my pouch is different than a virgin RNY pouch. On thing for sure is that I'm not hungry and I love this feeling. I hope that non hunger doesn't go away. I do see food and get a little craving for something to chew but I don't give in. That is the beauty of my RNY so far!!! Love it. Any feed back is appreciated.... Have a great weekend!!!

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - January 06, 2017 - 175.2

JJT
on 1/12/18 6:29 am
Revision on 09/14/17

Im four months our from an RNY revision to a RNY Distal. My pounch was made smaller, my stoma rebuilt and more distal bypass. Yes for me the beauty is I am never hungry, liquids or food satisfy me. Actually there is no satisfy feeling because I never had the want. I do enjoy the taste of food but I can drink chicken broth and be just as happy. I'm sure in time that will change but at four months I am still like you are speaking. I've lost 88 pounds which is exciting. Between the vitamins, protein and meals add in the liquids I feel like all I do is eat and drink. Sometimes I even feel guilty that I am over doing it but a glass of water satisfies me as if I ate a burrito it's all in my head.

Recent Topics