I am so ashamed of myself but you have to start somewhere

Tiffany82881
on 5/4/18 2:11 pm - Raleigh, NC

Hey all,

I had RNY 10 years ago and was pretty close to my goal. Life turned me upside down for a while and I am ashamed to admit I have gained back every pound. I am sick over it and just beginning to come to terms with trying to get it back off. Have any of you gotten a revision post RNY because of weight regain that wasn't surgical failure? What are your experiences? I am soo embarrassed to go to the doctor. Ughhh...

Thanks guys! Can't wait to hear your stories

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/5/18 9:42 am

Some people get revision from RNY to DS. That is a very complicated and difficult procedure. Only a few docs n the world know how to do that correctly. Post the question on DS forum.

Or you can try to lose the weight using the tool you have. It may take you 1-2 years but it can be done. Dedication, proper diet- but it can be done.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Alicia M.
on 5/7/18 10:32 am - Winchester, KY

Hello Tiffany,

I think my story is very close to yours, I had my surgery in 2009. It was the best decision i have ever made. But just like you over time my life and my decisions have allowed my weight to creep right back on. A couple of weeks ago I went to the dr and stood on the scale and thought.....I am right back where I started. But I left there thinking.....I am going to take this right back off. I turn 50 this year and I am determined that I will not move forward in life with this weight on me.

So my friend...we can do this. My tool still works . I just have to use it properly. I am already down 9 pounds. Lets do this together. I need friends to help me a long and we can encourage each other.

My name is Alicia Melton . feel free to contact me anytime. if you want I will forward my email and we can keep in contact and help each other a long.

Have a great day!!

guatesposa
on 5/7/18 5:48 pm

I'm in the same boat. I had my surgery in 2004 and lost 120 lbs. I've gained 1/2 my weight back and just can't seem to get on track. I would love to work with a group of ladies to get back on track. Is there a group started?

Alicia M.
on 5/8/18 4:16 am - Winchester, KY

We can do this! Feel free to keep in touch either through email, text, or Snapchat. We can encourage each other with food choices, exercise, and just all round mental encouragement .

LADodger22
on 5/9/18 12:54 pm

I am in the same boat. I had sleeve gasterectomy in November 2005. BW 459 LBS lowest 198Lbs. Current wt. 280LBS.

II don't know if a revision is possible for me. I would love to give and get support. I am thinking about Weigh****chers. Please feel free to lean on me.

DevinityManifestNMe
on 5/29/18 6:52 am
RNY on 05/23/18

I had VSG done in 2012, lost most of expected weight, years went by and life got difficult, long story short I not only gained all my weight back but added an extra 100 lbs! I started seeking a revision, but was very doubtful but desperate. Throughout the 1 year of meeting with a Registered Dietician, doing diet pills, and pretty much whatever they asked I was FINALLY approved to see a wls. They then sent me on another 6 months of the same dieting, exercise, etc. After 1 and a half years of jumping thru hoops and giving it my all, I was blessed to have ENT last week!! I will say that the wait was long, the work was hard, and I lost 120 lbs PRE OP, but it was what my surgeon needed to see that I was dedicated to saving my life! You CAN do this! Make a choice to just do ur best, don't try to play the game just give it your all and I promise you will be rewarded! I thought for sure they'd tell me since I lost 120 lbs that I didn't need it, but just the opposite. Revision is last resort. They need to know you are seriois...anyways blessings to you and good luck!

khnohio
on 5/8/18 6:01 am

Hi All,

I had RNY in Feb 2009, I lost some weight maybe 60-70lbs, unfortunatly I never followed the not drinking a half hour before and after eating. I have gained about 50lbs back, I am 25lbs from original surgery weight.

I went last week to have a Upper GI to see what was going one, I have an enlarged Stoma and I am going back to my surgeon on Friday to see what can be done.

For about 4 weeks I have been recording everything I eat and trying to get more protien in my diet. Usually consuming between 1,200 to 1,400 calories.

I also just turned 50 this year. I know things will get better and its getting easier to follow a food plan. I haven't lost any weight yet :( however it will come.

Love to all!

Kim

EJFan.420
on 5/29/18 2:32 am

Good morning, Alicia and Tiffany:

This is what happened to me, too! Surgery was the best decision I ever made for myself, and I definitely succeeded! But, like you, after 5 years of eating healthy, small meals, I slowly started adding the sugars, starches, larger amounts of food, and drinking fluids with my meal...all things my healthy lifestyle avoided. Needless to say, I'm almost back to my weight before the surgery, and it is very discouraging. I now write out my day of what I'm going to eat, I pack my lunch/snacks the night before work, and I TRY to get in at least 20 minutes of walking, stretching, etc. daily. I feel better! Just take a deep breath, and change back to healthy. Don't beat yourself up, just learn from your experience. Great job for recognizing you're human and you sometimes slip. Take one day at a time, and enjoy your life! Blessings of strength and health to you both!!

Cindy

antionettelewis525
on 5/9/18 11:02 am - Creedmoor, NC

Dont be ashamed we just have to check to see whats wrong?I have to save just to get the scope done.

Most Active
Recent Topics