Not well - acid reflux, GERD

(deactivated member)
on 5/29/18 12:37 pm

I had my lapband removed 6+ months ago

ever since I've been complaining of stomach pain and acid reflux. They did a barium and it showed a sliding hiatus hernia (I knew I had it and surgeon didn't fix it prior to inserting the band). I've also had a colonoscopy which is clear. If you see my tummy and I can post pics it looks like a balloon. It doesn't look like a fat tummy but rather a ballon. Im having acid and tummy pain and I feel like food is sitting In my chest. What should I do?

hollykim
on 5/31/18 6:05 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 29, 2018 at 7:37 PM Pacific Time, MiaS wrote:

I had my lapband removed 6+ months ago

ever since I've been complaining of stomach pain and acid reflux. They did a barium and it showed a sliding hiatus hernia (I knew I had it and surgeon didn't fix it prior to inserting the band). I've also had a colonoscopy which is clear. If you see my tummy and I can post pics it looks like a balloon. It doesn't look like a fat tummy but rather a ballon. Im having acid and tummy pain and I feel like food is sitting In my chest. What should I do?

you need to have an EGD, a scope of your stomach, to see more than what can be seen on the other tests.

If you have seen a gastroenterologist, I am very surprised this hasn't already been done.

Unfortunalely, the damage done from a band can be permanent and theses issues may not ever resolve.

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/18 7:01 am

Thank you! I'm going to get this done! Would I be crazy to consider another band then?

MarinaGirl
on 5/31/18 7:52 am
On May 31, 2018 at 2:01 PM Pacific Time, MiaS wrote:

Thank you! I'm going to get this done! Would I be crazy to consider another band then?

Do NOT get another lapband! That could very likely lead to worse (and possibly irreversible) health problems.

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/18 7:59 am

Ok thank you ?

hollykim
on 5/31/18 5:15 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 31, 2018 at 2:01 PM Pacific Time, MiaS wrote:

I certainly think it would be beyond crazy to get another band.

(deactivated member)
on 6/1/18 4:41 am

Thanks it's just that my BmI is at 31.6 and my weight is at 194 pounds and then band is less invasive which is the reason I chose it first time around.. of course then I didn't know all the negatives that come with it and that it isn't really a life long tool!

hollykim
on 6/1/18 6:19 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 1, 2018 at 11:41 AM Pacific Time, MiaS wrote:

Thanks it's just that my BmI is at 31.6 and my weight is at 194 pounds and then band is less invasive which is the reason I chose it first time around.. of course then I didn't know all the negatives that come with it and that it isn't really a life long tool!

even at that BMI, the band has failed you, it has caused possibly permanent damage to you and it IS meant to be temporary.

I, personally, would never get another one, if I was you.

Mad far as non invasive, what is non invasive about a plastic device burrowing into a part of your body , unlike what it is supposed to do and causing damage?

all major abdominal surgery, which all the WLS 's are are invasive.

unit35
on 6/2/18 9:01 pm - CT

I had the sleeve in 2011 and now have severe gerd and reflux. I too have the feeling of food and water sitting in my chest.After a swallow test and ph manometry, ultrasound endoscopy..it was determined that my esophagus doesn't open normally.. never has any issues before.. insurance just approved me for bypass

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/18 10:13 pm

I'm so sorry & thank you for sharing! I hope you feel better after bypass..

Most Active
Recent Topics