Old/Newbie returning for Revision

sf100
on 6/5/18 10:05 pm

Hello.

In 2007, I had a band installed and visited here often. It doesn't seem quite as busy now as it did then, but still informative.

I live in San Francisco and was just referred for a revision by my GP to either Dr. Rabkin or Dr. Jossart because of regain. Both docs have great reputations, so I am not worried about finding a doc.

I am hoping to revise to a DS or RNY since I need more help than a restrictive procedure can provide. I anticipate that the docs will help me decide and tell me whether they can remove the band and do the second procedure all at once, or if I have to visit the OR twice. Has anyone had a revision band to RNY or DS revision done all at once?

I am most worried about money. I don't think my insurance company will go for this. Does anyone know what these revision procedures cost if you are a cash patient? I am willing to spend a lot, but San Francisco is extra expensive in all other areas, so I imagine surgery is pricey, too.

I am very excited to be getting started and would love to get some feedback.

Lunachick
on 6/6/18 10:23 am

Hello,

I am also in process of revising from Band to RNY. My surgeon does it in one surgery but another I looked at does it in two surgeries. I prefer 1 surgery so I'm glad I went with this guy. That may be what your determining factor is when deciding on a surgeon since they seem to vary. Good luck to you!!!

sf100
on 6/7/18 5:47 pm

Thank you for replying to my post.

Congratulations on finding the right surgeon to do the band to RNY in one procedure. Thanks for pointing out that a doctor's ability to do everything at once could be a determining factor for me.

I am in touch with the two doctors' offices now and will see if Rabkin or Jossart seems easier to get along with.

It also appears that Rabkin only does sleeve and DS, so I would have to go to Jossart for RNY.

i feel like I am starting from zero even though I had a band installed in another city. The discovery process is actually kind of fun so far.

BobbieDoll
on 6/14/18 6:50 am - CO

Here is a price chart for Dr. Snyder.

Pricing Transparency the Denver Center for Bariatric Surgery

Most Active
Recent Topics