Revision RNY TORe Procedure

mimi51576
on 7/6/18 9:57 pm - St Paul, MN

Has anyone had the Transoral reduction outlet endoscopy? Looking for feedback, thoughts, concerns and results.

Amy R.
on 7/9/18 7:16 am

Has your surgeon verified that your stoma is stretched? I'm not up on a lot of these stoma techniques. From what I understand, this one is used in conjunction with the Overstitch or Rose procedures? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Weight loss results of stand alone Overstich and Rose procedures seem to top out at about 30 pounds.

A person with a truly dilated/stretched stoma should get some mileage out of any surgery that corrects the stretching. Honestly though, I'd want documentation (pics or surgery report with actual numbers) that my stoma had physically stretched before I went there. That's just me though. I've had a couple of pretty big regains and have been able to re-lose the pounds by eating correctly.

Are you having health issues or regain?

mimi51576
on 7/12/18 5:42 pm, edited 7/14/18 8:42 am - St Paul, MN
  • I had the procedure 2 weeks ago, my Stoma was dilated to 30mm pouch 5cm long. I guess my next question would be what is a normal stomas measure? He reduced it to 8cm. I did get pictures.
Amy R.
on 7/12/18 10:12 pm

Great! I hope you are doing well and that it will be successful. Your stoma was very dilated per the numbers you provide so maybe this will be the ticket for you.

I have no idea what normal stomas measure. They stretch much less often than people think. I guess I'd check in with Dr. Google for a range of estimated stoma sizes in virgin RnY surgeries.

It would really be interesting for a lot of us to know how this works for you. Typically it sounds as though folks lose a maximum of about 30 pounds after the Rose/Stomaphyx procedures, but your stoma was so stretched that you may be able to go much further than that. And, you also had a new procedure which sounds like it might improve upon those other two options. Take care, and keep us updated if you'd like to.

Grim_Traveller
on 7/14/18 9:15 am
RNY on 08/21/12

That can't be right. 30 cm is about 12 inches.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Amy R.
on 7/14/18 12:34 pm

After doing a bit of research (called googling) I also think you may have a typo. Because standard pouch and stoma sizes seem to be very different than what you are reporting. You might want to double check those numbers.

mimi51576
on 7/14/18 3:41 pm, edited 7/14/18 8:42 am - St Paul, MN
  1. Oh yes so sorry, 5cm long and 30mm dilated. Thank you for catching my error.
njrobyn
on 2/22/19 9:07 pm

Hi

wondering how you're doing with long term after the endoscopic revision.

Hope all is well.

Thanks

Robyn

Most Active
Recent Topics