Not even 3 weeks out and I can eat pretty much anything ...

jaspect
on 7/21/18 7:52 pm

My journey is a long one: 2004 Lapband, 2010 Sleeve, and less than 3 weeks ago Hiatal Hernia repair and gastric bypass due to prior surgeries.

I feel I can eat everything and I'm less than 3 weeks out of surgery. My weight also stopped coming off. I started at a lower weight - 225 when I had my consultation and 210 on the day of surgery and currently 203.

I'm a bit frustrated because I have been doing this rollercoaster for years now and feel that because I have already eaten lower calories for years, losing weight (I want to drop about 40 more pounds) is virtually impossible.

Amy R.
on 7/23/18 8:21 am

You've gotten some good replies over in the other forum. Personally if I could have eaten everything at three weeks I never would have known it. Because I didn't even try. But my surgeon doesn't allow solid food until week nine so this may not apply to you.

At any rate, what does your surgeon's plan have you doing at three weeks and are you following that? Some surgeons have some strange ideas about post op eating and include things like oatmeal and cream of wheat and such. If you're surgeon is one of those, try nixing the carby stuff.

You're not too far into this to make changes now that will help you later. Good luck and please keep posting until you get it all figured out. Posting these struggles help so many people and when you consider the lurkers you've got quite an audience.

Take care; you absolutely can figure this all out and now is the time to do it. =)

jaspect
on 7/23/18 9:53 am

Here a little update: I have been watching what I eat and logging everything in MyFitnessPal. I still hover around 1000 calories. I'm wondering if I may be measuring things incorrectly but that's what I keep coming up with. Either way, my weight is still around 203 - 201 BUT my waist has shrunk. It was a 47 inches and now it's 44-43 inches. That's pretty good. I think for now I will measure myself all over and keep track of that for a while. I so appreciate all of you!

Lap Band: Mexico 2014 (280 lbs)

Sleeve: Mexico 2010 (240 lbs)

RNY and Hiatal Hernia Repair: USA 2018 (210 lbs)

Goal: 160 lbs

Amy R.
on 7/23/18 2:23 pm

If going straight to measuring to track your progress instead of watching calories works for you, definitely do that.

My only caveat would be that at three weeks out a majority of post-ops check in with calorie counts way under 1000/day. I've seen a lot here over the years and those who are most successful in general are at 600/day and lower.

You might consider checking into the "What are you eating today" menu threads. If nothing else it's an opportunity to see what others are eating early out. There are some here in maintenance who must eat less than 1000/day just to prevent regain.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll get it all figured out. It's actually good that you're working through these things while you're in your honeymoon phase and not as a result of a regain.

jaspect
on 7/23/18 5:13 pm

I'm a tad under 600 today and if I must eat, it will be a very low cal snack

Yturner46
on 7/23/18 2:26 pm

Me too I can eat to

jaspect
on 7/24/18 8:49 am

I so appreciate your tough love and a little kick in my behind. I really had to reflect on what I was doing and I wasn't doing me any favors by doing what I did by eating just because I can. Yesterday, I was super careful and I saw results. I actually, ate some beans because I needed that full feeling in my bowels, not stomach. That seems to have been the problem more than the mental hunger. Even though beans give me terrible gas, I was craving them.

So today I'm under 200 yeah!!! just slightly though so I will not celebrate too much yet ... I need to be at 190 to be in the clear I feel.

I am so happy you all kicked my butt! I don't think I would have been able to get back on track without you.

:) Thanks!

Amy R.
on 7/24/18 2:45 pm

Thank you for not going straight to a "why are you all so mean" post. Honestly I would say almost NONE of the posts giving advice about stopping gain or stalls or whatever is given out of a mean spirit. My posts personally are written out of a hope that you'll understand the desire to help. Also out of the hope that you won't have to go through all the stuff I put my body through before I learned.

I've had two big regains - one 60 pounds and one around 50/high 40's. (Yes, I am a *really* slow learner!) Losing those regains was hard, especially until I started noticing significant re-loss. Wouldn't want anyone to deal with that for any reason.

You've got a handle on it now and I know you'll keep going! Can't wait to see a post that you're back where you want to be. =)

Msbliss2007
on 8/20/18 7:09 am

Hi I had gastric bypass in 2006 lost about 80 lb. Within the last 2 years I re gained 50 lb. I just had gastric bypass revision and it seems like it's going really slow not sure what's going on. I've only lost 10 lbs and it'll be 3 weeks in 2 days. I feel that I can eat anything as well. I need to focus on eating the right things. Ever since surgery I was always able to eat more than the 4 ounces they stated I would only be able to eat. It seems like I can't tell when I'm full but I can feel afterwards that I eaten too much. Any suggestions

ezab70
on 10/30/18 9:20 am
Revision on 10/01/18

may i ask was it that you could eat any type of food even in any type of quantity?

Most Active
Recent Topics