Band over Bypass Reviews

Deli07
on 8/1/18 9:59 am - NY

Hi, It's been a while since I've been here. To make a long story short, I had the Gastric Bypass done in January of 2011. My highest (starting) weight was 290 and my lowest weight after the bypass was 210. I never met the goal I had for myself and have regained weight and am at 260. I am scheduled to have Band over Bypass surgery in 2 weeks but my gut feeling is telling me not to do it. I've been obsessively trying to find information and reviews for this procedure, but haven't really found much. Has anyone had this procedure done? What are your reviews on it? Thanks.

ladygodiva1228
on 8/1/18 11:30 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Listen to your gut. Having a regular lap band sucked I couldn't imagine having one over a bypass.

The darn band did damage to my stomach and when I had my revision to the bypass I had to have a 2 inch piece of my stomach removed.

Last I knew the statics for band over bypass were not good. Not much weight loss and issues with the band fills.

If I were you I would make sure my tool was still in working order and then get back to basics. Protein first, some veggies, plenty of water, vitamins. Track/Measure everything you eat.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Deli07
on 8/1/18 1:45 pm - NY

Thank you!

momyshaver
on 8/19/18 6:09 pm
VSG on 06/28/17

the only people I know who have had the band over bypass have had a lot of problems and ended up having the band removed and other revisional surgeries to their bypass. It seems like the bands are just a lot of potential for risk all around IMO

Most Active
Recent Topics