Revision tomorrow- want buddies and stories

khawley74
on 8/8/18 6:20 am - Schenectady, NY

I'm having my revision tomorrow. I had a full RNY in 1999, gained the weight back, have two hernias. Basically, the Dr said they do it differently now. My stomach is three times it's size and the stoma is three times the size as well. He said it didn't stretch, it was just the way it was made then.

Can anyone tell me if they are having a revision soon? Also, stories of their revision, was it harder recovery (which is what I'm hearing), etc.?

Thank you!

Kimberly

Lunachick
on 8/10/18 7:09 am

Hi Kimberly,

I hope everything went well for you! I'm 3 days post op and am doing pretty good. I revised from lap band and recall recovery being a bit easier likely due to it being a different surgery.

I've had my remorseful day but am back to feeling good about my decision.

Keep me posted on how you're doing.

Kelly

khawley74
on 8/22/18 1:08 pm - Schenectady, NY

Kelly, I had a breakdown a few days ago and was crying thinking about what I had done to myself. It's hard to imagine only being able to eat this amount of food forever although I know it will get easier. I've been very very tired and I've had paying it because I pulled something and I've had a pain that goes from my stomach through to my back. Went back to the doctor and everything is okay so just have to wait for it to heal. Hoping to get up walking more because I know that will help. I hope you're doing better as well

Kimberly

Lunachick
on 8/22/18 8:03 pm

Hi Kimberly,

I am struggling with the same thoughts. I sometimes can't believe that I've done this and even sometimes worry it won't work for me. UGH! Thankfully, I have a great support system.

I've also got a pulled muscle in my stomach from sneezing! It's a constant dull pain but, when I sneeze or cough, it's quite painful.

I hope your recovery continues to go well. Keep in touch!

Kelly

khawley74
on 8/23/18 8:42 am - Schenectady, NY

Kelly,

I have the same thoughts. Sometimes I'm sad because food was so enjoyable for me and everything revolves around it. Other times I worry that I'm not losing fast enough and yet I've lost 15# since the surgery. It really is an emotional rollercoaster. And I'm still in pain on the one side and exhausted but I'm going to push myself to walk because I know that will help both the healing and my mental state. Good luck to you. Talk soon!

Kimberly

Lunachick
on 8/23/18 6:43 pm

Yes, I am definitely not enjoying food right now. I love healthy food and being creative but pureed food is not exciting. It's a chore to have to eat right now. I wish I was one of those people that didn't get hungry after surgery but no such luck. My pulled muscle is being a major pain too. I actually think I may have cracked my rib when I sneezed. Not sure if they can even do anything about that so I'll just suck it up for now. I go in on Wednesday to get my stupid foot checked out by a sports doctor. I love exercising and being active so I can't wait to get off restrictions.

I'm down 10# since surgery, I'm shooting to be down 20 by the time I go back to work on sept 5th. Fingers crossed!

Great job, we'll get through the rough patches of recovery soon!

Kelly

khawley74
on 8/22/18 1:09 pm - Schenectady, NY

Kelly, I had a breakdown a few days ago and was crying thinking about what I had done to myself. It's hard to imagine only being able to eat this amount of food forever although I know it will get easier. I've been very very tired and I've had paying it because I pulled something and I've had a pain that goes from my stomach through to my back. Went back to the doctor and everything is okay so just have to wait for it to heal. Hoping to get up walking more because I know that will help. I hope you're doing better as well

Kimberly

Katlady59
on 8/12/18 1:39 pm

Wow! I hope u did well in your surgery. I'm asking for a revision.... I had mine in 2002, RNY, I wonder if I'm in the same boat. Large stoma etc. I have an appointment with the surgeon on 8/29.ill be interested in talking to you, if u are up to it. I also have a hernia that needs fixing too. They talked about band over RNY, but they haven't seen me yet. I'm curious. Please contact me if u are up to it. Thanks, Kimberly Thompson

khawley74
on 8/22/18 1:06 pm - Schenectady, NY

I would be happy to talk to you. I was very lucky in that they approved my revision pretty much immediately. My stomach was the size of a banana and should be the size of a clementine and my stoma was the size of a quarter and should have been the size of a dime. I had a couple hernias too. He didn't repair the hernias he just did the bypass over and made everything smaller the way it should be.

Kimberly

Looch1126
on 3/4/19 2:56 pm

Hi Kim,

I'm just starting out on my "revision journey" and am curious how you are doing now? How much have you lost, any major issues?

Thanks so much!

Most Active
Recent Topics