Revision what is new?

Kwhitmer
on 8/14/18 11:22 am

I had RNY in 2007 and I now live in Florida. I am so out of the WLS loop, what is good in revision?

Thank you for any help

momyshaver
on 8/15/18 4:08 pm
VSG on 06/28/17

What are you dealing with? There are so many options like pouch reduction where they go in and create a smaller pouch or they bypass more intestine. It really depends on what you are dealing with I think.

Lilac8Star
on 9/28/18 7:40 pm

What kind of revision did you have done. I had GBP in 05, band over bypass '12. Now looking to have band removed and get a revision but the dr.s I've seen say that there is no practical revision for GBP yet they post revision options on their websites and allow me to come in for a consult knowing that they can't do anything---I'm a little frustrated.

Lilac8Star
on 9/28/18 7:37 pm

I'm in a similar situation except I had the band put over my bypass and that was a waste of time and money. I've talked to a few Drs and they let me come in for an appointment to only tell me that there is nothing they can do to revise gastric-by pass. I know that my issue is with my stoma, I'm starving every 2-3 hrs.

momyshaver
on 9/29/18 3:47 am
VSG on 06/28/17

I did not have a revision TO a bypass but I had a medical revision to a type of bypass, (if that makes sense. Some of my other posts explain it more). I have read some poor outcomes with band over bypass. Do you still have the band in? There are still options with bypass, from pouch revision and stoma tightening to distal revision. When I went for my procedure there were several stoma or pouch revisions on the unit I believe

Zaniiaim
on 10/7/18 12:59 pm - CA

My surgeon said the band over bypass is a complete waste. Turns out my first surgeon did not give me a small enough pouch, so he went in. Gave me a new tiny pouch and reattached the intestines to make sure I had the 130cm removed that they recommend. Anything where they stitch the stoma or staple inside the stomach is a scam. Nothing works except another bypass. Occasionally you can get a DS

Aimee
RNY 3-1-12

RNY Revision 10-4-18

Most Active
Recent Topics