pre op revision diet - first day

ezab70
on 9/1/18 6:03 pm
Revision on 10/01/18

ok - i have 30 days till revision surgery scheduled; sleeve 2011 to rny for gerd mainly love to lose some too. we cleaned house last night and got rid of the white carbohydrates. my hubbie is doing this with me. its 5 pm and we have taken two naps today already. we are zonked. weaning off of cafeine - only one coffee today. no soda - usually have 1 every couple days to get me thru the munchie time periods (3pm) or when would want a caffeine beverage. i have not been mandated to do the pre op diet to lose any certain number of pounds. i want to get my behaviors more in line for post surgery. i want this to be successful not only for my gerd but to get my butt back in gear again. just writing because reading this site really helps me a lot and i needed to get it out there. is anyone else doing a revision early oct /sept? blessings to everyone here - seriously the support that is shown on this site really makes me feel good and in a way happy that there kind souls still in our nutty world. thank you

hollykim
on 9/2/18 9:16 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 2, 2018 at 1:03 AM Pacific Time, ezab70 wrote:

ok - i have 30 days till revision surgery scheduled; sleeve 2011 to rny for gerd mainly love to lose some too. we cleaned house last night and got rid of the white carbohydrates. my hubbie is doing this with me. its 5 pm and we have taken two naps today already. we are zonked. weaning off of cafeine - only one coffee today. no soda - usually have 1 every couple days to get me thru the munchie time periods (3pm) or when would want a caffeine beverage. i have not been mandated to do the pre op diet to lose any certain number of pounds. i want to get my behaviors more in line for post surgery. i want this to be successful not only for my gerd but to get my butt back in gear again. just writing because reading this site really helps me a lot and i needed to get it out there. is anyone else doing a revision early oct /sept? blessings to everyone here - seriously the support that is shown on this site really makes me feel good and in a way happy that there kind souls still in our nutty world. thank you

it can only help to get your behavior in order. It is what we choose to eat and drink that causes weight gain/loss.

Even though you are having a revision, the revision forum is not very active. You might try visiting the rny forum for more support. Good luck!

ezab70
on 9/2/18 10:34 am
Revision on 10/01/18

i am worried on that forum they will be losing weight so fast that it might get me a little on edge post surgery. just bc comparatively we are slower and also prob have lesser maybe to lose so have to stay in that mind set. thank you so much for writing back. day two started. lets see at my aa meeting coffee machine broke , that saved me from having my one cup. went to my orange theory class even tho did not want to (AT ALL) and actually burned way more then i have in years there. and had my eggs first and a bit of oatmeal breakfas****er i am not sure on - i drank a lot at class but i am not sure if that counts really - i sweated a ton. i also bought a apple watch yesterday to help me out although i cant figure it out YET. i will be watching a utube video this afternoon. big hug to all out there -

bethmal
on 9/9/18 12:36 pm
RNY on 12/26/17

Sounds like you are taking the right steps to get your mind in the right frame. I am a revision from band to bypass. I don't consider myself to be a slow loser. I have lost 89 pounds so far. The rny board is super supportive, I don't think it is overwhelming at all. I participate in the menu thread just about every day. I find reading what everyone else is doing is helpful in my journey. Good luck with yours!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Most Active
Recent Topics