Soft Reset? anyone know of this?....

Seppie67
on 9/10/18 2:31 pm

Had my GBS (R N Y) June 2005. Lost 104 pounds. Started regaining minimally in 2011. Overstitch 11-2012. I am still gaining (regain of 60 lbs.) and have contacted my surgeon about a revision.

After speaking with the office staff they suggested a soft reset prior to revision work up. What is a soft reset, exactly, anyone know from experience?

Also, I have been told if I want to be considered for revision; that I would need to have an upper GI and EGD to see the pouch size etc. before my doctor can even decide if revision is a possible plan of care...which makes since. It seems weird to be 13+ years post op and now talk of testing....I am disappointed.

Anyone have some information for me?...It will be appreciated.

ladygodiva1228
on 9/11/18 6:28 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

What does your daily menu look like? Are you weighing/measuring/tracking your food intake?

How is your fluid intake?

The surgeon is wanting those tests done to see if there is anything wrong with your pouch/stoma/etc. If everything comes back as OK then 10 to 1 he would not consider a revision.

Unfortunately it usually comes down to what we are eating and how much of it.

Take a look at https://fivedaymeattest.com/ go to the sample menus and check out the losing regain. This would be a great way to reset yourself.

I know for me personally I can eat a ton of popcorn, but 4oz of steak fills me up for hours.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Most Active
Recent Topics