Removed Band to VSG

Christina M.
on 9/21/18 11:01 am

Hi everyone. It's been awhile since I've been here. I had great success getting banded in 2010, actually lost 240lbs. However, it flipped and was removed in 2014. Since then I've gained back most of the weight I had lost. I'm planning on getting a VSG in January. I've booked the surgery, bought my plane tickets and committed to this course.

MarDon16
on 9/24/18 8:48 am

I had my revision on July 3,2018 l am now 2mos post op, l had a few issues but doing okay. l was banded in January 2011 l lost 80 lbs really loved my band, but l took sick and then the weight came back after 5yrs. I wish you the best on your up coming journey with the VSG.

Lovey105
on 9/24/18 10:16 am
Revision on 05/14/18

Congrats on your revision. I too had revision on July 16, 2018. I originally had bypass surgery in 2003, then my doctor suggested the band over my bypass in 2009. Band helped however I was sick continuously. I also have severe spinal stenosis and have had 3 cervical surgeries. I felt getting sick was not healthy and wanted it removed and was doctor said he can do revision after 3 months from band being removed. I had maintained my weight between 215-220, I just couldn't get below 200. Now I'm two months post op and have now gained 7 lbs since surgery. I'm so frustrated, miserable etc., I have no restriction what so ever. I now have a hernia as well which is very uncomfortable and rather large sticking out of my stomach. My doctor did an endoscopy last week said he made my stomach so small and all was in tact. So why am I gaining weight? Why do I have no restriction? He has no idea. I truly feel it has something to do with the hernia. Any suggestions or anyone else have similar?

MarDon16
on 9/24/18 11:09 am

Sorry to hear your issues it could have something to do with your hernia, the doctor repaired mines when he was removing my band and doing my sleeve. l was in a lot of pain but glad he did it all in one procedure.

Most Active
Recent Topics