Anyone else have suture line pull apart?

susanegrindle
on 1/21/04 7:50 pm - Whitehouse, FL
Currently waiting on insurance to approve revision of old 1987 bypass that has pulled apart. Have run in to several snags in the process, I dont thing they know exactly what to do with me. Does anyone have a Dr. that specializes in the revision? I like the Dr. I am seeing but his practice is tailored to the first timers and not the old bypassers that are having suture line problems. Also I dont have much info on the actual revision. Would appreciate any info or just a hello. thanks, Susan
AUTISM M.
on 1/22/04 12:28 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi susan, I'm Kristin, I just had a revision the the VBG to the RNY. I had staple line break down. The only thing I could tell you is look under you state and look for doctors in your area and just make some calls. Good luck to you on your quest for a revision it really is worth it... Kristin
carey G.
on 5/7/04 1:02 am - taylor, tx
Revision on 01/25/05 with
I was wondering how long ago you had you VBG done? I had mine done a year ago and am having problems with nausea and vomiting , and intolerance to most meats. i am looking into a revision for a lap RNY and am wondering how bad was the revision?? Im really nervous about another surgery. carey
AUTISM M.
on 5/7/04 4:46 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Carey, Hello, I had my VBG back in 99. I also come to find that I had staple line breakdown, This is VERY VERY common in the VBG. When I had my VBG I had it done open, So my RNY revision was done open also. Well how bad is the surgery, Well for me it was not easy, I had a good bit of pain right after surgery. I have not had any problems to speak of, guess I'm pretty lucky. Just look into it, if it's for you then do it. I have lost more weight with the RNY than the VBG and faster!! Also I'm able to eat more different foods with the RNY than the VBG, I remember I got sick very often with it. Did I mention I had really bad reflux????? Oh the pain, but after the revision it's GONE!!! I wish you the best, and you can email me with any questions you may have.. Hugs Kristin Revision to the RNY 1/7/04 -89 392/303
wendy B.
on 2/11/04 9:55 pm - seagoville, TX
I bet you could post this to the main message board and get a response. I had the VGB in 96 and weigh more now than I ever did. I'm having a revision on March 12...my doctor (unfortunately in Texas) has done many. GL
Rosey I.
on 7/22/04 1:52 am - Sun Coast, FL
Susan, Get in touch with Dr. M. Murr at Tampa General Hospital! He is perhaps the best, the only other place would be Mayo in Rochester. Good Luck!
susanegrindle
on 7/22/04 2:30 pm - Whitehouse, FL
Hi Rosey, Thanks for your response, this was actually an old message from Jan of this year, I had my revision in March (this year) by Dr. Thoburn in Gainesville, FL. I am now doing fine and down about 50 pounds and so glad I actually went for the revision. I have also found there are many doctors out there who are now doing revisions, the one I used was a colleague of the Doctor who did my original bypass. Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics