Revision After 11 months????

sails92
on 3/7/04 6:49 pm - Lexington, KY
Hi Everyone, I started out on this journey at 353lbs but the day of surgery I weighed in at 341lbs. I'm 11 months post-op from my Lap RNY WLS but will be one year post-op on 3/27/04. During the last 11 months, I've only lost 78lbs since WLS but an over total of 90lbs. I'm so disappointed because I'm sooooo slow. I do not dump and have no food restrictions at all. I can eat everything that I use to eat as prior to my Lap RNY WLS but only in smaller proportions. I can't go back to my surgeon because he has relocated 3 months post-op to another state and the hospital no longer have a baratric program in to additional no support groups. I do get depressed because of my slow weight loss but I'm happy that I had no complications and have gone from a size 30/32 dress to a 22. I know that I've lost lots of inches but the scale just keeps hovering around 263-263. I'm dieting again and I hate this word. I watch everything what I put in my mouth and log it on fitday.com. I exercise 5-6 days a week. I take my vitamins faithfully every day. I drink over 64ozs of liquids a day and I get in over 80gms of protein. I did go and see a local endocrinologist, family doctor and a nutritionist and they all seem to think that I look and is doing just fine. I don't agree with the results for a WLS patient. If I had lost 78lbs within 11 months normally then yes, this is great but I had the WLS and I know that I should of lost 100lbs by now. I've been thinking about a revision but another local surgeon only does them to a Lap Band and I've heard a lot of negativity about them. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Many Blessings, Marilyn Lexington, KY 341/263/175 3/27/03 (-78lbs)
casey C.
on 3/18/04 12:50 am - south windsor, ct
my girlfriend had the surgery 2 years ago and lost a similar amount of weight (started at 300 lbs.) in her first year, she felt like a failure. but all loose at different rates, she has continued to loose even to this date and is now down to 175 (-125). she went off exercising and lotsa fluids several times which she blames for her plateaus. even tho she is past the "prime loosing time" she plans on loosing another 25. don't give up hope, you can do it. i imagine that the bypass % is different on everybody and some will bypass more calories and fat than others (as in the case of a women in a support group who is now a size 2). Keep up the good work, it won't be easy, but you can do it!
GrannyLaLa
on 3/25/04 4:13 pm - South,, AR
I've been reading the Lapband board for a while now, looking for information before settling on what WLS I'll have. I didn't really see anyone over there griping about the Lapband, about all have had good results. I'd check it out and see. Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics