Questions on revisions

melinda P.
on 6/23/04 9:25 am - Fishkill, ny
I am not sure if I were to require a revision or as someone else just told me a repair. I had the RNY gastric bypass in 2001. I am still having troube w/the distal opening, it keeps on closing. I have had numerous upper endoscopies to this date. I had one actually yesterday. Just curious as to what I would need or if anyone has any advice??? I was do not want to keep on having this problem. I have not gained weight so the revision would not be for that reason. It would be to help me w/this problem Thanks my aol is : sxygreeniz9 in case Melinda
Patty_D.
on 6/23/04 3:27 pm - Kershaw, SC
It sounds very much like what you need is kinda a repair to stretch the opening, A revision is usually done if for some medical reason, the previous WLS had failed, like leaking stple line, or something else that cause the patient to be actually gaining weight after innitially loosing. Most insurances will pay for a revision IF it is needed because of a medical failure, but not just if pouch gets over stretched from over eating(this happened more with the old stapleing surgery and not todays RNY) and many Drs will NOT preform a revision if it is not ruled nessasary because of medical failure. Hope this helps some. Your Dr will know what he needs to do ,you can ask him to explain it to you and ask about your options. Patty
melinda P.
on 6/24/04 2:19 am - Fishkill, ny
Thanks, yes I have been looking into it and it seems a repair is what i might need. I go to the doc on tuesday to find out more Thanks
Most Active
Recent Topics