Goodbye!!!!! I'm NOT coming back!!

Patty_D.
on 7/1/04 10:11 am - Kershaw, SC
I can't!! I had my consult today!! It was my last chance at surgery!! I will NOT be having surgery!! Because of all 3 of the other surgeries, It has left my stomach with a depleted blood supply and should I have another WLS, the pouch will die from lack of blood and I will die!! This IS NOT an option!! So it is the diet mill for me!! Please understand that I don't feel I can be of any support to others and I just can't face hearing about all the successes when I have lost that option, altogether!! I love you all and I wish you the greatest of luck on your journeys!! Goodbye!! Patty
Wendy L.
on 7/8/04 12:15 pm - Omaha, NE
Patty, I just read your post and am so sorry. I completely understand your decision, but know that I for one will miss you a great deal. Please come back and visit us when you feel up to it. Wendy (from the over 50 forum)
clpeltier
on 7/9/04 5:36 am - Howell, MI
Patty, check with a few DS surgeons who are experienced with revisions. They may be able to leave your stomach alone & just do the intestinal bypass part of the DS. Don't give up yet!
Jane C.
on 9/3/04 11:03 pm - Surrey, UK
I agree with the above post - it's a smart idea - don't give up! Look into doing the second part of the DS only - leaving your stomach alone. This must be so hard for you but hopefully something can still be done. Good Luck & hang in there!
Most Active
Recent Topics