Need help!

Kitsy I.
on 7/5/04 8:47 am - Vicksburg, MS
I just had a revision from VBG to RNY in April. I had VBG in 1991 and staple line broke. With my new surgery, I am able to eat what I want. I have a limit but nothing like other RNY patients do. I ate a whole hamburger patty today and with VBG, I couldn't eat it for years. I feel like this is failing for me. Any suggestions or ideas? I so want to be successful with it.
CarmallaH
on 7/7/04 8:52 am - '278/226/ Ellis, TX
Hi Kathy, I too can eat much more than I thought I would be able too. I was prepared to eat only 2-4 oz but not I can eat 8-10 with no problem. I also can eat meat very well. I am concerned also. We need to keep in touch if we hear any info on this!! ok. God Bless Carmalla
star .
on 7/14/04 1:19 am - OK
If you had the RNY and feel you can eat more than your peers; you need to have your doctor order an Upper GI. One thing that 'can' happen to an RNY person is stoma failure.. This is the opposite of 'stricture' where the stoma is suppose to shrink after surgery and MOST people it does, some it does tooo much (stricture) for some it doesnt at all (or if your surgeon made the opening too big - this has also happened)... When your stoma fails - your food is bypassing your pouch altogther and going directly into your intestines, that is why people who have this 'problem' eat more than thier peers. It is ONLY associated with the RNY - not the DS.
Most Active
Recent Topics