WOULD LIKE TO READ MORE PROFILES

AMYLU
on 9/23/04 5:27 am - Conroe, TX
IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS A SIMILAR STORY TO MINE I WOULD LIKE TO READ YOUR PROFILE AND BY YOU JUST RESPONDING A QUICK HELLO THAT IS A WAY I CAN ACCESS. I WOULD LIKE TO READ OF PEOPLE WHO HAD VBG REVISED TO RNY. I HAD MINE 1996 AT 286/LOST DOWN TO 175/GAINED BACK OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS TO 246//NOW I AM AWAITING INSURANCE APPROVAL FOR REVISION. JUST CURIOUS AS TO HOW THE REVISION STORIES VARY(IF ANY)FROM OTHERS. THANKS AND I APPRECIATE IT!!! Amy
itzmyturn
on 9/23/04 7:18 am - Dallas, TX
I would like to read also.. I have a consult on 10-7 with a surgeon.. I actually had my stomach stapled January 1998.. now I am wanting to have a RNY....would love to read similar stories as well...
sjbob
on 9/23/04 8:11 am - Willingboro, NJ
I think there are a lot of people who have gone from VBG to RNY but they may not be aware of this special message board. I suggest that you look at applicable parts of the Library and click on profiles of people involved in these revisions. You will probably come accross others in the threads on the Main Message Board.
AUTISM M.
on 9/23/04 3:51 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Amy, I had a revision from the VBG to the RNY. Best of luck to you Hugs Kristin
Pam S.
on 9/24/04 7:11 am - Phoenix, AZ
Had weight loss surgery in 1973, at 145lbs it had to be undone because of malnutrition in 1974. I weighted 280and was 28 years old. Well now I'm almost 60 and weigh 370. I can't walk have all the weight related stuff like dibetes ect. I 'm in the process of having a DS done. Pam .
Tammy S.
on 9/25/04 3:53 pm - San Antonio, TX
I had VBG in 1999, RNY on June 1, 2004. I've lost 39 pounds so far. Read my profile!! Tammy S.
Carol W.
on 10/1/04 1:28 pm - Martelle, IA
Hey, Had a VBG done in 10/82. Found out 12/03 from an upper GI that the staple line had 'blown'. Through an obesity clinic found out that there was a revision surgery avaible. Through sheer luck a friend was seeing a surgeon for other problems and she asked the nurse about revisions. Now at 6.5 months from the revision to a RNY I have lose 91 pounds. Surgeon did say the weight loss is usually slower with the second surgery but as long as I am losing I don't care. Also the surgery is more serious the second time. Surgeon found out during the surgery that I had a 'reather large hernia' from the first surgery. The hernia was repaired at the same time - no mesh. There is also the chance the revision can't be done due to scar tissue build up from the first surgery. He also took out my appendix - the gallbladder went in the first surgery. I now have 2 stomachs - the pouch and the disconeected remaining stomach. Good luck. Peace & Love, Carol
Most Active
Recent Topics