4 MONTH CHECK UP

janetlivingston
on 9/30/04 10:35 am - Chicago, IL
I had a revision June 3 RNY to DS. Everything went well. I did have a few complications but I am fine now. I have lost 64 pounds 39% of my body fat and 11 points off my BMI. I started out at 267 I now weigh 203. My goal is to get down to 160.
itzmyturn
on 9/30/04 11:56 am - Dallas, TX
Hi Janet, I am also hoping to have a revision done. What procedure did you have first? How did it fail? What did you have done June 3??? And if it is not too personal, what complications did you have???? Casey
janetlivingston
on 9/30/04 12:16 pm - Chicago, IL
I had the RNY done in 1997 I weighed 326 pounds. I lost about 100 pounds. I started gaining it back. In 2004 I finally went back to my doctor thinking I did something wrong. He checked my RNY everything was just fine. He explained to me that sometimes RNY's fail. I had the revision to the DS done in June. My surgery went fine. I got a wound infection. This was because I had mesh inside of me. I have battled that since my surgery, But, I want to stress this is common with hernia repair. I do not regret my revision. My doctor has been outstanding. Good luck to you!!
Most Active
Recent Topics