Update: Aetna/Revision

itzmyturn
on 10/28/04 9:44 am - Dallas, TX
Just wanted to post on the progress of my insurance approval. Spoke to Aetna today, and so far there was "nothing" in their system for me.. regarding the pre-certification for my revision. Called the doctor's office and was told that it was definitely sent. I got the name, number and extension of the rep I spoke with.. worse case scenario by Monday if there is still no info in the database.. I will call the doctor's office and have them fax it directly to the rep. I asked the rep in the pre-cert dept what I needed for submission and she told me that "ALL" I would need is a letter of medical necessity, medical history and my X-Rays ...my big dilema has been the 3 or 6 month supervised diet that everyone has been steaming over ... BUT, she said I did not need that. Now, my husband's employer is self-insured and he has asked around and was told of several people at his job that has had the bypass paid for by Aetna, and the supervised diet was not an issue, as long as they had co-morbities and they were documented.... (DH is also getting bypass) so in our opinion it is not a matter of IF.. just when.. I am hoping to know more by this time next week.. I will post more.. Aetna seems to be the hardest or most difficult..and I have prayed that everything I have read about Aetna is wrong.. or does not pertain to me... My birthday is January 1st.. yes, New Year's ... and what a wonderful way to ring in the new year, with a new hope, new determination, and a NEW digestive tract.. LOL Casey
F A.
on 11/1/04 4:23 am - TAYLORSVILLE, IA
Thanks for the update! I'll keep you in my prayers!
Most Active
Recent Topics