lap band removal

Julie H
on 11/13/04 3:21 am - la, CA
Has anyone had there lap band removed. Can you please give some insite into this. Also please state the reason. I know this is the revision page but someone may know here. Did your insurance cover this and what insurance did you have.
missyme
on 11/25/04 2:24 am - Levittown, NY
Julie, Come on over to the lapband board and check with others who have had the same surgery as you. Are you having a specific problem with your band? http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/surgtype-forums/LapBand/posts.html ~Lisa
Mary_W
on 11/25/04 12:34 pm - Brandon, MS
I had to have mine removed due to complication---i was self-pay to have the surgery initially...therfore my insurance would NOT pay for the reversal. (nor any complication from either surgery)
Michelle F.
on 1/8/05 1:04 am - Golden Valley, MN
Hi Julie, I was banded in June 2003. I had lost 65 lbs. but have now gained back 15 lbs. My doctor and I have tried desperately to get my fill level right but I get very very tight in the AM and to loose in the PM. I often wake up with horrible heartburn and so tight I can't eat or drin****il 2 PM. But I loosen up by dinner time and eat to much still. We are now trying to get approval from insurance to do a revision and proceed with the RnY. If you want to chat more about it, feel free to e-mail me directly at [email protected] Take care! -Michelle
Vanessa B.
on 1/15/05 1:26 pm - Jonesborough, TN
Dear Michelle, I have gone through the exact same experience as you have. Your description and details of your day was exactly like mine. I hate this thing and wish they would ban it from the market. I was a self pay patient so you can imagine the kind of anger I am feeling now. This is the worst thing in my life. My surgeon has told me he does not do gastric bypass. It was great reading your story. I would like to e-mail you privately if it would be ok. Vanessa Brown
Mochababy38
on 8/4/06 4:13 am
Michelle I would be interested in speaking with you privatley about the Lap Band. My e-mail add is [email protected] Thanks a lot, Trace
Leslie S.
on 1/25/05 8:00 am - Teaneck, NJ
I originally had a lap band place in July 2003. Though I lost 50 lbs it was never a good fit. It never seems to be regulated correctly, or something would happen in my life to throw the balance of the band tension off. Too many meals came right back up. The final insult was when the band slipped and my stomach grew over the top of the band. The doctor and I knew it had to go. On 12/21/2004 the lap band was removed and a lap RNY was done at NY Presbyterian by Dr Pomp. My insurance is HealthNet and they approved the band removal and RNY without much hassle. The RNY is too new for me to comment on, but the constant pain I had with the band is finally gone. It is remarkable exactly how much pain and for how long I suffered with the band. Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics