I need information about Revision

shelby97
on 11/13/04 8:44 am - KINGSTON, PA
It has been 3 1/2yrs since my RnY and I would like to get a Revision but I would like to get any information if any one else has had it, I am down 184lbs and I weigh 225lb I still have close to 100lbs to loose, any information is appreciated Thank you, Robyn Collins [email protected]
(deactivated member)
on 11/15/04 11:30 pm - TX
Sounds like you have done great! You are supose to weigh near 125? I would think that a revision would have to involve some sort of weight gain, or a problem that is mechanical, other than needing to lose another 100 pounds. That is my thoughts, being a revision from a vbg. I would call the surgeon and see what he may suggest. Have you been able to maintain most of your weight loss? Sounds like you have done a great job! ~Diana
Christine W.
on 11/22/04 1:26 pm - redding, CA
Hi Robyn, This is my first time reading in on this board so forgive me if I am ignorant of revision and facts that go with it. I only know that the surgeon that is going to do my Duodenal Switch also has mentioned that he does revisions of the RNY. Again my ignorance is showing, but I believe that the RNY is not a malabsorptive procedure. With RNY I would think that you could lose the additional excess weight. I think it could be worth looking into. I know there are DR's in most parts of the states that do DS. best of luck - chris
Most Active
Recent Topics