Yikes Approved & Have a dDate. Also looking for an Angel!

Nicole R.
on 11/21/04 3:08 am - Carrollton, TX
Howdy everyone! I was approved by Cigna for my revision from VBG to RNY. I am so excited that they approved me so quickly and without any problems. Right now I am set to have surgery on December the 7th. They say that I will be in the hospital for 5-days so I will spend my 34th birthday starting my "new" me over again. I am also looking for an Angel. I didn't have one for my first surgery but would love to have one now. Thanks for reading, Nicole
(deactivated member)
on 11/21/04 9:06 am - TX
Congrats on your new life, I totally understand how you feel, I am a revision from the vbg, done 7 years ago. I am down 100 pounds since last year. I think the RNy is better so far because I have continued to lose weight for a longer period of time and this time it was a lot slower, but steady. With the vbg, I lost 120 pounds in 9 months, then bang stop! Wish you the best! ~Diana
Crissy H.
on 11/22/04 10:19 am - West Bend, WI
Hi there - Congratulations to you - I am all set to have a revision (VBG to RNY) also BUT my doctor told me he is only doing it to fix all the problems that I have had from the VBG and said that he does not expect me to lose any weight - and that most people on their second weight loss surgery will not lose much weight - So I am thinking WHY should I go through another OPEN surgery and not even lose any weight - I do need and want my vomiting and acid problems gone but - WOW I was at least hoping to get some weight off - I was 270 when I had the VBG - I got down to 140 and I am now back up to 210...I also have a hernia and he told me that he could only fix the hernia temporarily until I have healed from the surgery and then he will open me back up to repair the hernia completely - so I am facing another surgery after this one - I had researched doctors and there are not many in the state of WI that will even touch me - THANKS FOR LISTENING GUYS - and if anyone else was told that but has lost weight - please let me know....Crissy
Most Active
Recent Topics