Stretched out stomach REVISION??

Phyllis R.
on 2/1/05 5:20 am - Fort Smith, AR
I had my surgery in 1988. Now I find I've gained all my weight back. I went to my local bariatric surgeon, and he tells me that all 4 rows of staples are secure, but, thru time, I've stretched out my little pouch. OH NO!! Has anyone ever heard of a Revision, where they make my pouch, little again? Where do you live, and what doc will do such a Revision? I live in Arkansas. I could travel to Tulsa, if need be. Thanks for any help
Pretty L.
on 2/1/05 10:14 pm - The Big Apple, NY
Hi Phyllis, I also had the surgery in 1985 and I am in the process of trying to get a revision. I live in NY. I have most of the paperwork done.Hoping to confirm my date for the 28th of this month. My doctor did explain it is much more dangerous than doing it the first time. I have given it over to God He will decide if it should be. NYU here in NY does a lot of revisions I understand. I will be having the open RNY Proximal if it is a go. Don't give up...check with the OH group maybe there is a doctor in your area that will take your case. Good Luck. Gladys
millerkat
on 3/6/05 2:14 am - Belle Glade, FL
Phyllis, What surgury did you have before? I was wodering why you were going proxial instead of distal? I am thinking you must have had stapling or banding back then?? Good luck with the revision. Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 2/20/05 8:54 pm - TX
I had a vbg done in 1997. LOst 120 lbs in 9 months, then nothing after that. OVer 7 years I gained back 80 of the 120. My dr that did the vbg also did the revision to the rny. I had tests before the surgery and he never said anything about my stomach being stretched. After the surgery he did say that my stomach was very stretched and that made it actually easier for him to make a new pouch for me. I have lost another 100 pounds since 10-03. I am only 5 feet tall, and I weigh about 215. I'll take it though!!! I am very happy with the revision, although I would love to be a "normal" weight; I have always been heavy and I feel great right now.
dtspoodle
on 3/14/05 2:56 am - Las Cruces, NM
Hi, Phyllis: I live in New Mexico. I had a proximal RNY in August 2001. Lost approximately 65 pounds and quit losing after about five months. Had a tummy tuck and breast reduction in November 2002. Shortly after that, I began gaining weight. I began looking into revision options. I had a revision to DS in September 2004 and couldn't be happier. I've lost approximately 55 additional pounds and have leveled off at about 145. My pouch had stretched out and was made smaller (again). I had the revision done by Dr. Peter Crookes in Los Angeles. Just thought I'd let you know there are options. Dale
Most Active
Recent Topics