LAPBAND REPLACED???

TeresaF
on 2/10/05 9:33 am - JACKSON, NJ
Lap Band on 12/02/04 with
Hi everybody? Anyone out there have to have their LAPBAND replaced? I'm 2 months post-op and have had 4 attempts at a fill. Today, I was told that tubing in band must have a defect? Please respond if you can share your experience. teresa
chunkable
on 2/22/05 12:26 am - federal way, wa
hi teresa I just converted from the lap-band to the rny because I had too many problems with slippage and then my port was leaking also. They wanted to replace the tubing but after 3 surgeries I figured my body had been through enough and converted to the gastric bypass. Good luck in your decision. I know that pre-fill stage is hard. Good luck Cindy
TeresaF
on 2/22/05 4:19 am - JACKSON, NJ
Good Bless you - three surgeries - now wonder you converted. I'm now being told that the goofed and that they don't think there is a leak after all. I'm going in this thursday to the hospital to try one more time. If I don't come home with a fill (haven't been lucky the last four attempts) it's time to see a new surgeon. Best of luck to you. I'm usually on the lapband forum, but we love to hear how you are doing. teresa :a:
TeresaF
on 2/22/05 4:14 am - JACKSON, NJ
hey Michelle (you lucky girl) - You must have missed my posts on Lapband forum. I posted it everywhere!!! I was freaked out. It turns out that after 5 attempts my surgeon doesn't think there is a leak!! I'm going this Thursday for another attempt (they just don't know what they're doing). teresa
Most Active
Recent Topics