planning a vacation, need advice

LaKeAffy
on 2/16/05 4:46 am - Moore, OK
I am hoping to have a revision in late May/early June. It will be from VBG to RNY(open). My family is planning a trip to Hawaii in early August, is this too soon for me to go on a trip? Also, has anyone had a revision done Lap? My surgeon says he needs to open me up to have the best results but I really wanted a Lap procedure. Thank you! ~LaKeitha
Kathyrip
on 2/26/05 8:32 am - Stafford, VA
LaKeitha, I had my revision from Lapband to DS done lap. I was feeling good enough to go back to work (deliverying pizzas) after only 2 weeks. I don't think that would have been the case if I had it open. Are you sure you want a revision to the RNY? There are TONS of people on my DS list who are revising to the DS because their RNY's failed. Just something to think about. Kathy 9/17/04 -85.5 so far
lmanning2004
on 3/13/05 9:44 am - Boston, MA
Hi LaKeitha, How come you are getting a revision in the 1st place? How was your expirience with the vbg? Was your origional procedure done Lap or Open? Did you loose the weight you wanted with the VBG? I think that because your surgery is in may early june, that gives you 5 weeks or so recovery I think you should be fine, its just basically getting through that plane ride that you should worry about, you might get airsickness. When you get to Hawaii you can relax even if in the for a day or so because vacations are fo relaxing Lez
LaKeAffy
on 3/14/05 3:24 am - Moore, OK
MY experience with the VBG (open) was not a good one but I associate it more with my surgeon rather than just the procedure. I felt I could eat too much from the first week. I complained to my dr everytime I went in to see him. It took him 9 months before he even considered that I may have a problem, he said at that time he thought it may be a staple line disruption. He ordered an upper GI but my state's voc rehab would not pay for it and he frankly said I shouldn't bother saving money for the test if I don't have the money for another surgery. So basically I was left hopeless for a few years until I got insurance, which is now! I only lost 60lbs and I have regained 40lbs. I was not happy with my results at all. Thank you for the kind words and encouragement about Hawaii. ~LaKeitha
Most Active
Recent Topics