Supervised Documented Diet

KerryBnTX
on 2/21/05 5:20 am - Alvord, TX
Those who have been approved for a revision; did you have to have 6mo to a 1yr (or more) of documented diet history? Does insurance require this if there is a mechanical failure in the previous WLS?
Nancy P.
on 2/22/05 10:17 am - dallas, TX
Kerry....I have same insurance (PPO)....approved in 3 days (done 1/5/04)for a revision from VBG to RNY . My surgeon documented daily vomiting, abdominal pain and staple line disruption. He also said that I had an "urgent need". Much to my suprise they didn't ask for anything. Which surgeon have you talked to? Good Luck, nursenancy
KerryBnTX
on 2/22/05 1:59 pm - Alvord, TX
I haven't seen a surgeon yet. I want a DS and so I am trying to do some research. I willl have to travel out of state. I have just brought it up with my PCP and am having some tests done now. My RNY was done about 12 yrs ago. No telling what shape things are in today. If my gall bladder is going and I have to have surgery, I would like to get the revision while I am on the table. But if there is no mechanical breakdown, I really don't have any documented diet history other than my PCP put me on the diabetic diet 2 yrs ago. Prior to that I lost 50 lbs in 18 wks on the Prism diet. I have daily food & wt. logs from that but it was 5 yrs ago. How recent do they want the documentation to be?
Most Active
Recent Topics