advice please

jacqueline B.
on 3/26/05 6:49 am - houston, TX
I AM 7 MONTHS OUT , THIS IS MY FIRST WLS , AND I CAN NOW EAT MORE , CAN YOU ALL GIVE ME SOME ADVICE , I AM SCARED OF GAINING THE WEIGHT BACK ,HOW CAN I KEEP LOOSING AND NOT GAIN , I HAVE LOST 101LBS HAVE 60 MORE TO GO ,I THANKS YOU ALL IN ADVANCE
Melissa D.
on 4/5/05 3:18 am - Mays Landing, NJ
Hi Jacqueline - I know what your worried about. I also think about it. The fact is that at 7 mos out it's about time that your new stomach begins to expand. Your eating normal food again and the tendancy is to eat just a tiny bit more even when we shouldn't - simply because it tasts good. My advice to you is DON'T!! Stop eating as soon as you begin to feel satisfied. You don't want to stretch you stomach out to any more than handeling 6oz or so of food at any given meal. Another downfall can be "grazing". Some patients need to graze but the problem comes in where if you eating something all the time say, like every hour your putting something into your stomach (beside fluids). It never gets a chance to rest, relax and go back to the small shape. It's always full, always working and never resting. I've noticed that I can eat more now than I should. I've made an effort to stop. I'm 11 mos out and have stopped losing at 92.5 lbs off. I have another 40 to go to be at my lowest the surgeon wants me at. I work out at a gym and on days I'm busy - I don't eat. While I'm not losing right now - I'm losing inches from the workouts. And that's a good thing as Martha would say, lol. Best wishes to you - I know with patience and work both you and I will meet our goals. Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics