Looking for revision support

babybear67
on 4/19/05 12:21 am - Arlington, TX
Hello My name is Maureen, most call me Maureeniiieee.........I had Open RNY on 6/23/03 and at first did really well. When I hit my 6 month mark, I stopped losing completely and in the last few months started gaining. I saw my new surgeon and found out I have a hernia, ulcer and a very large pouch. I have been under treatment for the ulcer and going to therapy to deal with my feelings of anger and fear for having to have this surgery again. My new surgeon says my pouch was made too big from the get go. So as of yesterday I have jumped all the proverbal hoops and he is submitting paperwork for approval. Needless to say I am a complete basket case. Any words of support and encouragement would be greatly appreciated. Also if you have already had a revision, was your recovery harder????? Many blessings Maureeniiiieee
AMYLU
on 4/19/05 7:16 am - Conroe, TX
HEY FELLOW TEXAN, I have seen you alot on the Texas boards. I mainly lurk there, I am awaiting approval for a revision from a vbg to rny. Read my profile and maybe it maybe it will help you understand my struggles and answer a few of your own. I would go into the whole story but I might get fired, I am always on this web site, LOL. Good luck. Amy Lu
dawn1234
on 4/19/05 12:13 pm
Hey there....I too am a VBGer going to RNY transected. It is amazing the information that I have found on this website. I too 4 years ago started regaining and still have all the issues with vomitting and stomach aches. I also developed severe esphogeal reflux so I finally got approved for a revision. My surgery date is May 24th! I will keep you in my thoughts! Dawn
AMYLU
on 4/19/05 7:17 am - Conroe, TX
also the revision board moves very slow compared to the Texas board. Good luck, if I didnt say it before. Amy
Barbara S.
on 4/19/05 2:13 pm - Hope Mills, NC
Hello Maureen, I am also having to go through the process of having a revision. 3 years ago I was told I was given a RNY and instead was given a version of the "mini" My pouch was made much larger than others and he bypassed way too much of my small intestine. I now have the choice of getting it revised back to a RNY or suffering stomach cancer in the future. Needless to say I chose to have the revision. I have also posted the same question as you out to all or any that have had a revision done. I suffer from gastritis and constant reflux and Im hoping having the revision done will cure me of that. I know what you are going through when it comes to dealing with the anger. So, although I dont have any words of wisdom, I do offer words of support and hmmm... just to let you know there is someone out there going through the same perdicament. My revision surgery date is May 19th and I am just as scared as I was when I had the initial surgery 3 years ago. If you need to talk to anyone please feel free to contact me. May God Bless you.
keleigh615
on 4/21/05 9:09 pm - Vernon, CT
i have been reading these posts and although I have been told that I have a "fistula" it sounds as though I suffer from some of the same symptoms as you all. I have severe acid refulx (despite medications) and horrible pain in my belly, and I have began to gain back my weight. I too need a revision. I just found out 2 weeks ago. I am scheduled on 4-28-05. I am pertrified! I don't think it has really even hit me yet! Last time I had a year to mentally prepare myself this time it has been a matter of weeks! To think, this time next week I will be in the hosptial, and I will not be able to consume more than an ounce of water scares me to death!!!!!, but the thought of gaining back all of the weight I lost scares me more! The pain and the vomiting are driving me crazy, but the closer the surgery date gets the more afraid I get! I have not even begun to get my vitamins,and protein shakes yet. I am in such denial. I know. ( and yes i know I should already have vitamins, and I do just not the ones they reccomend when you first come home from the hospital!..lol). I wish I had some one here just to hold my hand and kick me in the butt all at the same time!!!! thanks for listening!! Keleigh
Patti N.
on 4/22/05 11:55 pm - Marion, IN
Hi Maureen my name is Patti and I had my revision on the 14th and my first surgery 21years ago. My doc was concerned with scarring and such but canyou believe there was very little. I think it was only a little harder on me now because I was older and alot fatter but a little over a week out I'm feeling darn good. Good luck and God bless.
Julie H
on 4/30/05 7:38 am - la, CA
I would like to say that you are very brave to go through this one more time. I know how it feels when something goes wrong and I just wish you the best. Maybe you could try meditation or even yoga they really help to get you centered. I wish you all happiness and you will do just fine... Julie
Most Active
Recent Topics