Here I go again

Julie H
on 4/30/05 7:31 am - la, CA
Hello I am starting on my second weight loss surgery. I had lap-band surgery on october 21st of 2004 and did not do well with the band. I had alot of problems. I had the band removed a month later in dec 2004. I knew from the start that something was not quite right inside. I am now starting the rny process and I am scared. I have had so many people saying that since I had problems with the band then maybe I should not have the bypass. What do you think??? all views are a welcome just reply with what you feel and I Thank you..... Julie
Cassandra K
on 4/30/05 11:07 am - Reno, NV
Julie have you looked into the Duodenalswitch? Many times one won't have the stomach problems with the DS that the Band and RNY can produce so the DS is great option. Not to mention the best wls available as far as getting the weight off and keeping it off long term. the website is duodenalswitch.com where you can read many published reports on it. There are some great docs at USC in Los Angeles that perform it. I had Dr. Peter Crookes at USC and he's fabulous! Best to you. Cassandra -105
Most Active
Recent Topics