HELP!!! CANNOT FIND ATL SURGEON TO ACCEPT NEW REVISION PATIENT

Sandy S.
on 5/6/05 2:14 pm - Atlanta, GA
Hello! I had Open RNY 3/19/2003. I lost 35lbs the first month, 20 the second, 15 the third and then just nothing. I now have acid reflux, a hiatal hernia, vomiting and severe stomach pains. My doctor retired and his partner took over the practice. I made an appt and voiced my concerns. He told me to find a place between the amt I eat now and starvation and that point is where I would lose weight. He told me that I should at lease be down to 150lbs (286lbs at surgery, now 220 with gain of a few lbs). I left the office in tears, totally humiliated. I am still sick. I now have adema in my lower legs. I contacted several doctors and was told to go back to my original surgeon....they will not revise another surgeons work. I will travel a reasonable distance for this. DOES ANYONE KNOW A DOCTOR WHO WILL SEE ME? PLEASE HELP. I AM DESPERATE TO BE HEALTHY. I LOST MY MOM TO CANCER RIGHT AFTER MY SURGERY. I NEED TO GET HEALTHY AND LOSE THIS WEIGHT.
Cassandra K
on 5/9/05 11:04 am - Reno, NV
You might want to try Dr. Dennis Smith in Atlanta. He can be found at the (www.) duodenalswitch.com website under the surgeons listings. If he can't help you try Dr. Husted in TN also listed on the DS website and is known to be experienced in RNY to DS revisions. Good Luck
Most Active
Recent Topics