Has anyone converted proximal RNY to distal RNY??

Terri R.
on 6/1/05 9:40 am - La Vista, NE
Hi everyone, I am scheduled for a revision of my proximal RNY to a more distal RNY (basically I think this means they bypass more intestine to create more malabsorption). My preop is June 23rd when I should learn more about the procedure, and my surgery date is July 11th. I have heard lots of stories about scar tissue and the second surgery being harder than the first. Has anyone had this revision done? I would be interested in getting some input here as not much information is available and I would like to have some idea of what to expect. Thanks to all!
MsGlitterDiva
on 6/2/05 7:10 am
Terri R.
on 6/2/05 8:22 am - La Vista, NE
Hi Traci, I am having the revision done because I too never lost the intended amout of weight. I started out at 373, got down to 200 and am 5'7. I have gained a lot of weight back and feel hungry almost all of the time. My surgeon had advised me after my original surgery that because I was so big to begin with that I may need more than one procedure so I am going to go for it. I have heard a lot about internal scarring (adhesions) that can make the surgery more difficult the second time around. If I find out anything else I will let you know if you promise to do the same for me. Thanks!
Grace S.
on 7/7/05 10:15 am - Kansas City, MO
OMG, I'm the same height and was the same weight! I had my surgery Sept 2004, and I can't budge from this 95 -100 pound loss. I'm so disgusted right now, especially since I broke my foot, so I can't even exercise the way I want to. I'm a proximal (125cm), and I'm concerned that the rest of this journey is going to be a major struggle, since my scale has not moved off 270 for two and a half months, and only moved 6 pounds this past week (I did the plateau buster). How long do you have to be in the boat before a doctor will take a revision suggestion seriously? Grace
Most Active
Recent Topics