SLD questions

SimplyDelicious
on 7/12/05 5:29 am - Montpelier, VT
I have a SLD my doc says it is big, the one who performed the endoscopy says not so big, but the camera could fit through. I am receiving limited info from my doc and others. Now he says he wont repair until I gain weight. Well I had this surgery to LOSE weight not lose and gain... Now I want to know if anyone has managed to continue to lose weight with a SLD, how they did it, what they had to overcome and can anyone tell me exactly how big the hole is I have??? I don't remember anything from the endoscopy except I threw up on the surgeon(oops!) And my surgeon I went and spoke to after the endoscopy didn't have the pictures to show me. I feel lost and kinda abandoned about everything. I have so many question going unanswered it is making me depressed. Like my biggest question is how can I tell if my WLS is failing or I am if it isn't working properly with the SLD? sighs, thanks for listening ~carey
SKW4241
on 7/13/05 6:28 am - indianapolis, IN
Totally understand your pain. Had an endoscopy in April and found that I have a 15mm SLD. From what I understand any size SLD is bad b/c over time it continues to tear down to where it is totally open to the other stomach. The one who performed your endoscopy should give you the infomration you need... such as how long is the opening. At any rate, the only way that I can see the doctor stating to gain weight is because you might not qualify for a revision based on the BMI requirements. Who is your insurance company? I would not gain weight. Are you noticing a weight gain. I have gained about 45 pounds and am battling my insurance company now for a revision. I also had the band and staples; not the RNY. Demand that they give you the answers you need. This is your body and your life. Good Luck
Brandy P.
on 7/20/05 3:42 am - Oxford, CT
I too blew my pouch after having silastic ring vbg in 1996. I have gained all of the weight back. I qualify for revision but insurance denied so far! I advise watching your diet and eating right and NOT gaining the weight back. If you begin to gain, you are better off dieting and exercising to lose than gaining anymore !
Most Active
Recent Topics