approved

Susan M.
on 7/13/05 7:37 am - Rockford, IL
Just wanted you all to know that my revision was approved today! I am so excited. I had VBG over 22 years ago which never ever worked to help me loose weight. I will have open RNY that will revise the vertical banded gastroplasty and I hope will be a complete success. No date set yet but feel it will be soon. Say a prayer for me - I will post the date when I get it. SusanWaitingRevision
(deactivated member)
on 7/13/05 9:25 am
Congratulations and thank you for posting for those of us who need a little hope that our revisions will be approved also. You are in my prayers. Stephanie
kathymoss
on 7/13/05 10:38 am - Missouri City, TX
Congratulations!!!! I am also awaiting approval for a revision from a VBG in 1986 -- 19 years ago!!! I wasn't nervous until waiting for the insurance approval. I have United Health Care and the surgery is covered and I have ulcer problems and others. How long did you have to wait for approval? And, what insurance company!!!! Again -- Congratulations!!!!
Lynne A
on 7/13/05 3:21 pm - Covington, WA
Good for you Susan. I had a VBG in 1989 and just had my first appointment with a surgeon to find out about a revision to RNY. I did initially lose weight but gained all back plus some, and have had continuing problems with gerd and frequent vomiting. Also had to have my gall bladder out in 2002. Please let us all know on this message board as you move ahead with your revision - and blessings to you. ~ Lynne M.
Robinn L.
on 7/18/05 3:32 pm - Kent, WA
Congradulations. I was just approved too. My surgery date is September 7th in Seattle, Wa. It will be with Dr. Ravi Moonka at Virginia Mason hospital. My revision is from a JIB to open roux-en-y. Do you know if it will be the proximal, medial or distal roux-en-y? They say with distal you loose more. Did your doctor tell you that with a revision the weight loss is slower? And that you usually don't loose as much. I weigh 245lbs. My doctor said I may loose more. However, he is only guarantee is that I would loose 50lbs. I want to loose more. I would like to loose about 90lbs. Regards, Robinn Lea Send me an email at www.robinnlea@yahoo.com
kathymoss
on 7/20/05 1:04 pm - Missouri City, TX
Congratulations!!!! I received a verbal approval from my insurance company, UHC, TODAY, FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Approval was after first letter, but I have been a wreck waiting for the approval. I had the VBG 19 years ago and lost less than 20 lbs. Honestly felt I was the problem as I had WLS prior to that even.... Have been researching the past three to four years and finally saw a surgeon this past May. As soon Dr. hears from Insurance company, will be scheduling the date -- should be latter half of August.
Most Active
Recent Topics