re: Having an open roux-en-y on Sept 7th-Why is revision surgery slower?

Robinn L.
on 7/18/05 3:47 pm - Kent, WA
Has any doctor throughly explained this to their patients? Why would it be slower if they takedown the old surgery and reconnect to the new? I don't understand this. Any professionals out there or patients that know about this? Regards, Robinn Lea P.S. Feel free to email me at www.robinnlea@yahoo.com
Bonnie M
on 7/20/05 11:20 am - Sioux Falls, SD
I had vertical gastric by-pass 20 years ago. It broke down about 7 years ago. After a 2.5 year fight with insurance co(they only allow 1 WLS per lifetime) I had a RNY May 3,2005. Mine isn't going slower--I'm down 65 lbs. No complications and feeling great.
cocalady
on 7/21/05 2:50 pm - Northeast, CT
I also had a VBG 20 yrs ago and I am scheduled for the RNY revision on Dec 7, 2005. I was glad to read you are doing so well!! My staple line broke down about 11 yrs ago and unfortuately I gained all the weight back. I never new they even did revision surgery until a couple yrs. ago. My insurance approved the revision on the first letter.... Do you think the revision was easier to recover from? Do you have any suggestions to make the recovery easier. I wish I didn't have to wait until Dec, but I also want to learn all I can beforehand. Laura R
SH
on 7/27/05 12:29 am - Staten Island, NY
RNY on 08/10/05 with
Does everyone have to have a second surgery if the original "breaks down"
Nancy Degenmeister
on 7/23/05 10:56 pm - Bergen County, NJ
Slower meaning what? The revision procedure taking longer? Or the rate of weight loss? Revisions from one form of WLS to another take longer than initial surgeries because they have to undo the original and change it over to the new. There may also be many adhesions which take longer to deal with. Nancy 394/270/180
Most Active
Recent Topics