i have question about reviision

ann F.
on 7/20/05 9:01 am - middleburgh, NY
hi everyone my name is ann ford i had the lapband done november 18th of 2004 and was recently told that my band isn't working for me anymore and that they have to take it out and do the rny gastric bypass on me. i was wondering has anyone else have to go through this. thank you ann ford [email protected] banded 11/18/04
Nancy Degenmeister
on 7/23/05 10:42 pm - Bergen County, NJ
What specifically do "they" mean by "not working for you anymore"? You're not even a year out so unless you're having a very specific complication (such as an erosion, chronic slippage or some type of physical intolerance of the band, that seems like giving up considerably too early. Why are they saying you need a removal? There are only a very few reasons for removal...which were you given? Never allow doctors just to dictate what will be done to your body...whether or not you get an RNY (or any other WLS procedure) is up to you, not them. I don't see that you've posted on the lap-band board at all, so have no back story here... How many bands has your surgeon done, over how many years? How much of your excess weight have you lost so far? Have you been averaging 1-2lbs/week? What does a typical day of eating look like for you? Are you getting 50-60g of solid protein/day? 64oz water/fluid? 1200-1500 cal/day? Exercising? What sort of support have you had? Groups? Online only? Any at all before this posting? Let's try to trouble shoot this before making any assumptions. Nancy 394/270/180
Most Active
Recent Topics