I have a revision approval!!!!!!!!!!

Heather L.
on 8/3/05 4:13 am - Atoka, TN
I have finally got a revision approval. I am so excited. I can't wait to get a surgery date. Blue Cross Blue Shield of TN was great. I was approved in six days.
cheryl F.
on 8/3/05 10:29 am - phila, pa
Hi Heather, I'm curious as to what led you to a revision. I had my surgery almost 5 years ago and lost about 80 pounds, but I've regained about 35 since. I didn't have nutritional counseling or support groups. In fact, 2 days after surgery I was told to eat solid foods and it was very painful. I developed a wound infection and in the following years, I had a hernia and partial small bowel obstruction. I am embarrassed to even say I had gastric bypass surgery and I'm considering a revision. I'd like to hear your journey. Thank you and good luck!
Reeree
on 8/4/05 2:02 am - Children of the Corn, IL
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be having my revision surgery on 8/12/2005. I will have my RNY pouch banded(lap band). I had my surgery 11 years ago, I wish I was as smart as you all to have been proactive sooner before the weight gain got to be out of hand. Best Wishes on your journey Lana
stephenie B.
on 8/7/05 12:38 pm - copley, oh
I D LIKE TO HERE ABOUT YOUR JOURNEY ALSO AND ANY HELP ON GETTING ONE GOOD LUCK TO YOU
hessie28
on 8/8/05 2:10 pm
Hi, I had lost 165. I noticed that I couldn't eat alot at a sitting but I could eat all day. I am constantly hungry. I went back to the surgeon. They did the endoscopy and upper GI with carbonation. It showed the pouch had stretched and the stoma stretched. It wasn't drastic but enough to cause problems. After the originial surgery I need the stoma stretched 4 times. Now it is too big. No way to know when or how it happened. I have an excellent surgeon. They have a whole weight center now in the hospital with nutrion, exercise. They don't just do the surgery and cut you loose. I felt like a failure and then thought that I started at 355 lbs. I weigh 230 now. Still a successful weight loss. I'm not getting the revision to look good or just to lose weight. I have a horrible problem with gas. I also have obstructive sleep apnea which is getting worse with the weight gain. I am hoping to lose the weight I gained. Anything extra would be a plus. I don't have to tell you how frustrating it is to have to go buy a bigger size. It broke my heart. I fought and fought and won my appeal. Surgery is scheduled in October.
Carolyn B.
on 8/6/05 10:41 pm - Clearwater, FL
I just went to a surgeon in Ft. Lauderdale to find out if I need a revision. What I did find out is that the orginal surgeon made my pouch too big. The surgeon in Ft. Lauderdale also ordered a endoscopy (sp?) to make sure that I didn't have a fistula. This came back negative. Now I am waiting to find out the next step. I orginally only lost 70 pounds and have gained back almost 20. My wls (gastric bypass) was done in 2001..almost 4 years out. I am hoping that I can have a revision to get the right size pouch so that I may start loosing again. Please share your revision story with me. Thanks!
Heather L.
on 8/7/05 11:29 am - Atoka, TN
Thank you for your responsed. I had my intial RNY in June of 04. The first few weeks were great. Then in October I noticed that I had slowed down in losing weight. I didn't really think anything of in and eventually lost about 15 more pounds. My weight yoyoed in about a three pound range and then suddenly in Feb. at a gyno appointment I got on the scales and from Jan to Feb I had gained from 197 to 215 and I got scared. I talked to friends, thought I had done something way wrong, tried to ignore it. Finally in May I got real upset and I decided to see just what in the heck was happening to me. Sure enough there was not one but two tears in my pouch and the doctor had seen at least 70 other patients from the same doctor that had done my surgery with the SAME EXACT PROBLEM. My doctor had retired when I was less than 6 months out and told me not to bother going to another bariatric surgeon for at least a year I would be fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe that??? Any way the second doctor had a 3 to 4 year waiting list for revisions so I began searching out doctors. I live in Memphis and there was not a single doctor that could or was willing to do this surgery. SO....I went to Centennial Medical Center: Center for the treatment of Obestiy and found Dr. DYer. He told me all of the risks but I am willing to take them. All of my prior illnesses have come back ten times worse. If I don't have this done I could die and I have a three year old to think about. Insurance approved it in six days, I called the surgeon that day and they set a surgery date right then. Sept. 14th here I come. Please pray for my family and the hands of this surgeon. Please pray for me also. I believe God has led me to this place and I am only praying he continues to bless this time in my life. I hope he blesses you too.
stephenie B.
on 8/7/05 12:36 pm - copley, oh
HOW DID YOU GET IT AND MAYBE YOU CAN HELP ME WITH INFO ON GETTING ONE.AND OH FOR SURE GOOD LUCK
lovin30s
on 2/26/08 12:36 am - Orlando, FL
What was your original wls?  I currently have federal bcbs banded 05/2007 and am awaiting approval for rny.  How is your weight loss going now?  I totally bombed on the band (3.6 ot of 4.0)
Most Active
Recent Topics