Revision...is it for me?????

Lynda Y.
on 8/4/05 10:47 pm - New Brighton, MN
I had the gastric bypass June 1998, I had lost almost 200 pounds in 12 months. I had many issues during my weight loss journey, such as numerous trips as an out-patient for dehydration and on two seperate occasions I had to be hooked up to a TPN machine. I have gained almost 100 pounds in the last two years (which I didn't realize until I woke up one morning and couldn't fit into my clothes). In the last five monthes I have started going to a support group and an exercise program to get myself "back on track" but I think I need that intial "tool" of having my stomach done, so I am looking for any information on revision to see if that's what might be best for me. Any help, comments or personal experiences would be appreiciated.
Reeree
on 8/5/05 1:33 am - Children of the Corn, IL
I had somewhat simular experience. I'm having the lap band placed around my RNY pouch. Everything else is functioning, but I need the restriction that I had at first. I considered the DS but I did't want to go through the reconnection and then the actual surgery being performed. Please keep in touch and I will let you know how things are going Lana
stephenie B.
on 8/7/05 4:33 am - copley, oh
WHAT IS THE DS AS STATED IN YOUR MAIL?
Kimmer K
on 8/9/05 5:49 am - GA
Hi Stephanie- The DS is the duodenal switch. You can find out more about it at http://www.duodenalwitch.com. I had that surgery 4 weeks ago. Many people who get revised from the RNY go to the DS. It has a great track record for keeping the weight off. You want an experienced Ds surgeon to do it though. There are some top names in the country and out of the country who can handle a complicated surgery like that. Good Luck in your search for information, Kim
stephenie B.
on 8/7/05 4:45 am - copley, oh
GOOD LUCK ON THAT, IAM NEW HERE AT THE BOARD AND LOKING FOR ANSWERS MYSELF. IAM JUST AYEAR AND 7 MONTHS OUT OF THE RUNY.AND STOPED LOOSEING AFTER 6 MONTHS AND PNLY LOSE 65 LBS OUT OF THE 100 EXPECTED.IAM TRULY NOT HAPPY AND MY SURGON IS GREAT BIT DOES NOT HAVE ANYANSWERS FOR ME. I HEARD OF THIS SHOT THEY VAN GIVE TO GIVE CLOSE THE OPENING TO THE STOMACH AGAIN BUT HE SAID THEY HAS NOT HAD ANY EXPERIENSCE AT THIS AND NO ONE ELSE HAS .EVEN THOUGH IAVE READ IT IN MY OBESITY HELP MAGAZINE.SOO IAM LOKING FOR SOMEONE WITHIN 150 MILES THAT DOES ANY OR SOME KIND OF REVISION FOR ME. STEPHENIE, FRUSTRATED IN OHIO.
Jan H.
on 8/7/05 7:02 am - Ypsilanti, MI
Hi Stephanie, Your story sounds just like mine. I had surgery 3 1/2 yrs.ago and stopped losing at 6 months. I needed to lose 100 pounds and only lost 65. I have since gained almost 20 pounds. I had a micropouch rny. I believe my stoma is enlarged and am looking into a revision to a DS (duodenal switch). There is a doctor in Grand Rapids, Michigan who does the shot thing you are seeking. It is called sclerotherapy. I may opt for that depending on what the asurgeon says when I meet with him. I will be seeing Dr. Lutrzykowski in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. The surgeon in Grand Rapids is Dr. Baker and he is listed here on obesity help under Michigan surgeons. I don't know how far yoiu maybe from there, but thought I'd let you know. Good luck and let me know what you find out. Jan
kim T.
on 8/7/05 10:39 am - ionia, MI
Hi Jan I was reading your reply. I am going through the same thing I am out 3 years, after the first year I had lost 100 lbs, but have gained back 25 lbs of that, but I am still about 78 lbs over what I should weigh. I have jusy met with MMPC, Dr Bakers office, they are having me me with the dietitian first and if I don't start losing again, he said the next step would be the sclerotherapy, but he does not think a revision is necessary.. It is nice to know other people are going through the same thing. Let me know how your visit goes. Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics