Revision Tomorrow

Susan M.
on 8/7/05 12:41 am - Rockford, IL
Hello all, I have been on the journey for a revision for a 23 year old failed VBG since April 2005. Tomorrow morning is my birthday - or the first day of the rest of my life. I am once again being given the opportunity to change my life. I am 56 years old. I am trying only to save my life. I could really use your encouragement. If you had success with revision or just wish to let me know there is someone out there on my side - please leave a message. I will be back on the loosing side. -- Susan
kathymoss
on 8/7/05 1:15 am - Missouri City, TX
Susan, my thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow as you begin your journey. Take care and I will send email to you tomorrow, hoping hubby will respond. Kathy
Linda S.
on 8/7/05 1:55 am - Kokomo, IN
Good luck Susan. I'm 57 and had my 1st. surgery 19 yrs. ago and then had a revision June 23. I've lost 36lbs. Had a few problems but nothing that didn't take care of itself. I think it's harder for me this time because I'm older and it just seems harder to me to have given my food up.lol But it's getting better. You'll do great are they doing open or lap. mine was open. My thoughts and prayers will be with you. Let use know how your doing. You'll sooon be on the losing side. Take care of yourself and don't push take time for yourself. LS
Bonnie M
on 8/7/05 9:49 am - Sioux Falls, SD
Congratulations on your up coming revision. I'm 55 and had my revision (open RNY) May 3. No problems and I've lost 75 lbs so far. My VBG was 20 years ago, I lost at first, but gained even more back about 5 years ago.
kathymoss
on 8/7/05 10:46 am - Missouri City, TX
I am so happy to hear you have lost 75 lbs. I had the VBG 19 years ago and am having a revision like Susan on Wednesday, April 10. I hope I do as well as you. Kathy
stephenie B.
on 8/7/05 12:34 pm - copley, oh
HI SORRY THERE IS NO INFO ON THE REVISION I STLL HAVE NOT FOUND OUT WHAT THE VGB IS .I HAD A RUNY 1 AND A HALF YEARS AGO AND LOOKING TO HAVE A REVISION IF I CAN ,IVE BEEN ON HERE TWO DAYS LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON THIS AND NOT REALLY GETTING ANY ANSWERS MYSELF ,BUT SURLY WISH YOU LUCK AND ANY IFO YOU CAN GIVE ME.FRUSTRATED IN OHIO.57 YEARS OLD
kathymoss
on 8/7/05 12:45 pm - Missouri City, TX
The VBG stands for "vertical banded gastroplasty." Here is a link describing the procedure http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/surgtype-forums/VBG/about.html. Type that into the address and that will explain the VBG. A revision means (in that particular case), the staple line has disrupted and/or the silastic banding is causing a problem. In my particular case the banding has eroded my stoma and stomach and has caused problems for me. My staple line has probably been disrupted for 18 years, causing acid to come back into my stomach, causing many stomach ulcers. On August 10, my VBG will be "taken down" and, if possible, I will have a revision to the RNY. I am also 57 years old. What happened with your RNY? Are you able to eat a lot of food? Are you able to eat sweets? Are you gaining weight? Kathy
kathymoss
on 8/7/05 12:47 pm - Missouri City, TX
Susan, I have been thinking about you all day and knowing you are probably a bit nervous about tomorrow. Hang in there!!!! You are going to do FABUUUUULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will see you on the loosing side. Kathy
Susan M.
on 8/20/05 11:14 pm - Rockford, IL
Hello Everyone, I want to thank all of you *****sponded to my post. I am home from hospital and doing great. No unexpected comp's and I can do absolutely everything for myself which is a relief since everyone goes back to school Mon. and I will be left to my own devices for the days. I wound up having part of my stomach removed and two hernias repaired. It was a very extensive surgery and I am amazed at this old broad bouncing back so fast. I can tell I have a way to go but at 13 days out of extensive open surgery - I am on my way to a wedding shower that I am helping to put on. I am only going for the last part of it but the fact I can go is wonderful. My scale won't weigh me quite yet but I can already tell that all the fluid weight I gained in the hospital is GONE as well as more (at least I hope). I never felt better about a decision in my whole life. If I can be of help to anyone else facing revision/conversion- please keep in contact. Thanks again to everyone - Much love -- Susan Milner
Most Active
Recent Topics