Hi! New and desperate.

Tavia V
on 11/9/05 2:34 am - Long Island, NY
Hi Everyone! Oh gosh, I am sorry to open my can of worms(which actually has scorpions inside) on here but I am kind of desperate for an answer. I had my initial lap RNY on 2/2/05. I had an open revision of the narrowing of the connection b/wn the pouch and intestine on 2/7/05. This narrowing caused a bowel obstruction and fluid to billed up in my esopgaus. This CT-scan showed I as well developed pneumonia. I went into respirtorary failure, got the flu and was in the ICU being kept a live on a respirator for a week. I almost did die. I was initially in the hospital for over a month. The saga doesnt end there. I have been back and forth from the hospital(dehydration, surgeries etc) to try to find out what is wrong with me. I have a lot of trouble eating solid foods and pretty much eat only mushy gushy food still(cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, soups, really soft tofu etc). If i eat something really solid(like chicken, chop meat, veggies, fruits etc) it feels like it gets stuck by my pouch and doesnt move down properly. I feel like I am slowly but surely starving to death. Everyone says to me "I have been through alot I just need to time to heal." In a few months, it will be a year, how much more time do I need? Two years? Its ridiclous the lack of what I can eat at this point. I know I do not have a stricture, I am pretty certian it is something to do w/the connection at this point. I had a surgery in Sept.05 to remove adhesions and look for hernias. He found adhesions but no hernias. I didnt feel any better. I had my gallbladder taken out this Oct. I didnt feel any better. I have had a million and one CT-Scans and they see nothing. Upper GIs come back "unremarkable", blood work is pretty normal. The only thing is when I had an endscopy done this Augus, the GI doctor said I had a very sharp narrow angle by the connection b/wn the pouch and intestine. But he said me for a upper GI which showed nothing and came back "unremarkable". So I was back to square one. I am also diagnosied with everything from GERD to IBS and everything in between. I have been given so many pills to try to help me I can open my own pharmacy. I never had any problems before my surgery, I was just fat. My surgeon has exshaused every option it can be besides something wrong w/the bypass. B/c he cant find anything wrong on the tests, he doesnt know what to do. I actually set up another endoscopy on the 17w/ another GI doctor to see what the other GI doctor was talking about. The surgeon will be present as well so see for himself. I ask him can there be something wrong w/the bypass that isnt showing up on these tests? He said "yes there is a chance." But he needs something to go by. He cant just keep using me like I have a zipper to find what is wrong. Ugh. I do see a revision in my future. I so do not blame him for anything but this is just so frustrating its unbelievable! The saga never really ends for me! My problems are pretty insane and I feel like such the black sheep of gastric bypass. I do not regret having this surgery but I wish I can get a break already. I am wondering if any of you guys have gone through something similar to what I am going through or have heard of something like this? Thanks so much! Take care. Tavia
mamadawny
on 11/10/05 1:46 am - Oklahoma City, OK
I am so sorry Tavia, I have had many issues but not like yours. My problems are related to being able to eat too much and hernias. I hope they will find the problem soon so you will feel good again. I wish I could offer more help. Hugs, Dawn
pepperboy
on 11/17/05 7:43 am - oxnard, CA
sorry to hear of all the problems you're having, try contacting dr. ara keshishian in delano california/ he does revisions all the time from rny to DS, for patients that have had the same symptoms you describe. he might be able to give you some ideas....at the very least. good and take care....annie ds 11/27/2001
Most Active
Recent Topics