I A SOOOOOOOOOO SCARED TO HAVE A REVISION

fradycat007
on 11/14/05 9:46 am - MEMPHIS, TN
PLEASE HELP ME. I AM GAINING WEIGHT SO FAST TO WHERE IT IS UNREAL. I HAD GASTRIC BYPASS OPEN RNY DONE IN MARCH OF 2001. I WENT FROM 276 TO 176. I DID FINE FOR ABOUT A YEAR. I STOP LOSING WEIGHT 8 MONTHS AFTER SURGERY. I HAD A TUMMY TUCK DONE LAST JULY AND HAVE PICKED UP ABOUT 20LBS SINCE THEN. I NEED A REVISION BAD. I AM SO DEPRESSED ABOUT MY WEIGHT AGAIN. I HAVE HEARD OF HORRIBLE THINGS ABOUT REVISION SURGERY. EVERYONE PLEASE PRAY FOR ME. THE LORD IS GOING TO GUIDE ME THROUGH THIS BECAUSE I HAVE NOW MADE MY MIND UP TO GO BACK TO DR. HUSTED IN NASHVILLE TN FOR HIM TO SUBMITT MY INSURANCE PAPERS...THANKS KMASON
hessie28
on 11/14/05 10:53 am
Hi Karen, I know where you are coming from. I had the same problem. My surgery was January 2002. I was 355 and went down to 188. At the two year mark give or take I started gaining. I gained back 41 pounds. I had my revision October 11, 2005. Forget about the horrible things you have heard. As long as you have a good Dr. and trust him, you will be okay. You have to think positive. I'm out starting my 5th week from the revision. No problems. I've lost about 25lbs so far. They say you don't lose as fast. My first surgery I had some compications. So far this time no problems. I had my stoma fixed and stomach redone. My first surgery they used staples only and they found alot of stomas stretched. So I don't feel like I was a failure. I feel like the tool broke. In the end I was eating the wrong stuff. Good luck with your revision. You will do fine.
hessie28
on 11/14/05 10:54 am
Hi Karen, I know where you are coming from. I had the same problem. My surgery was January 2002. I was 355 and went down to 188. At the two year mark give or take I started gaining. I gained back 41 pounds. I had my revision October 11, 2005. Forget about the horrible things you have heard. As long as you have a good Dr. and trust him, you will be okay. You have to think positive. I'm out starting my 5th week from the revision. No problems. I've lost about 25lbs so far. They say you don't lose as fast. My first surgery I had some compications. So far this time no problems. I had my stoma fixed and stomach redone. My first surgery they used staples only and they found alot of stomas stretched. So I don't feel like I was a failure. I feel like the tool broke. In the end I was eating the wrong stuff. Good luck with your revision. You will do fine.
hessie28
on 11/14/05 10:54 am
Patty_D.
on 11/15/05 9:45 am - Kershaw, SC
Gee, Kathy, you must feel very adamant about this, with 3 postings, hee hee I KNOW it was the Board's fault!! it has been screwing up ALOT lately!! Karen, you are in EXCELLENT hands with Dr. H!! He is the surgeon that other surgeons send their revisions too!! He has dealt with many complicated cases and comes thru well!! He is a very caring very careful surgeon. Trust in him. My prayers are with you, and after all, if you'll be my angel , you'll get your wings!! Patty
Nancy Degenmeister
on 11/22/05 3:42 pm - Bergen County, NJ
Weight gain doesn't automatically mean you need a revision. Your surgeon needs to check your mechanics first. Revisions really are to fix a mechanical issue. Maintenance is hard work...way harder than losing weight. If your surgeon verifies there's no mechanical issue, it means habits have gone astray. Scrutinize how your habits have changed and see what you can do to get them back in line. In order to maintain, most RNY patients have to really watch the eating habits and exercise a lot. If, however, there is actually a mechanical issue (most common probably is a stretched-out stoma), there's a less-invasive/less-dangerous fix for that...installing a lap-band over the stoma and going through the adjustment process until the stoma is again the proper size so that the pouch stays full longer. Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics