Revision on Thursday!

Lynne A
on 11/15/05 1:51 pm - Covington, WA
Thursday is my day for open revision from very old VBG to a new and exciting RNY. Yesterday I was on my way in for all the pre-op stuff (at Virginia Mason Hospital and Clinics) and was rear ended! I wasn't injured seriously but think the car was totaled... we haven't found out for sure yet. My husband left work and came to pick me up and we arrived at the hospital about three hours late. Everyone was so great to rearrange all of my appointments and everything was finished as planned so the show could go on this Thursday. I was so impressed with the top notch coordination of everything -- the surgeon and the anesthesiologist and the nutritionist were all on the same page and had extensive knowledge about what was up with me before I even got there. Everything went smoothly and their caring and top notch efforts soothed my frazzled nerves after the accident. I've spent the last week training my temporary replacement at work and know she will do well for the six weeks I am out. So.... I am ready to go in about 36 hours! I am not too nervous about the surgery and will be glad to be on the other side. Would appreciate your thoughts and prayers on Thursday! Thanks! ~Lynne A~
mandefarmer
on 11/16/05 12:55 am - decatur, IN
Good luck you are in my prayers. I am in the same boat I'm getting an RNY after a 8 year battle with a VBG. Mine is the 21st of December. So please post again as soon as you feel up to it. I am interested to hear how it went. I'm rootin for you!!!! micah
hessie28
on 11/16/05 9:06 am
Wishing you all the best. I just had my revision on October 11th Laproscopically. So far all is well. Lost 25 lbs so far.
hessie28
on 11/16/05 9:07 am
Wishing you all the best. I just had my revision on October 11th Laproscopically. So far all is well. Lost 25 lbs so far.
FOGHORN
on 11/17/05 10:22 am - sweet home, OR
lynne, i just had my revision oct 26 and came out flying. with six weeks to recoop you should be a shining star by then. just listen to your doctors and staff. you certainly are in our prayers as these forums show daily. you will do fine dave
sasmith
on 11/17/05 2:01 pm - Lemoore, CA
I got into a major accident back in 1987 just three days before I was to have my VBG. The car was totalled but fortunately I came away with only a couple of scratches. (My steering wheel, though, looked like a melted pretzel). My surgery went on as scheduled. At any rate, I wish you well and will be very interested in your recovery.
Most Active
Recent Topics