Happy Thankgiving & Need ADVICE BAD PLEASE

dolliesworld
on 11/24/05 12:21 am - SUNRISE BEACH, MO
I live in the Beautiful Lake of the Ozarks, and I'm 51 years old, and just got my date for a open Rny on Dec 16, 2005 coming up soon.Need advice Bad. I had a fobi pouch done in 1991 and it came un-done. and now they want to do a OPEN RNY. HAS ANYONE OUT HERE HAD THIS DONE? THANK YOU MELODIE GOD BLESS
FOGHORN
on 11/25/05 8:23 am - sweet home, OR
my cousin lived in ozark, mo and played with mel tillis. country sounded beautiful. i had a vbg in 1988 and just had an open rny on oct 26. i was a little scared but the surgery went great i feel renewed and have lost 50 pounds already. the surgery was similar to my previous but the staff were better and follow ups and group meeting way better. just stay upbeat, listen to the dr and nurses and you will do fine best dave
dolliesworld
on 11/25/05 10:17 am - SUNRISE BEACH, MO
Thank You so much Dave for your reply. I love mel Tillis went to see him in Branson,Mo. he great. So tell me a little more about how you are feeling/ and how many days were you in the hospital? I'm a little scared but going to leave it in God Hands. I hear nothing but Good things about this doctor. Back then when I had this done I felt like it was in and out hamburger stand and they did not inform me as well as this time. I sure hope it works for me. cause would love to get off my pills. I will do everything I can and give my 150% to make this work. How old are you? Well thanks hope you keep the good work up. God Bless Melodie
Julesbird
on 11/27/05 10:22 pm - Damascus, OR
I had an open distal RNY in 2003. The only bad thing that happened was hernias along my incision line. If I'd had an option I would have had my surgery laproscopically. But I didn't so I had my hernia's repaired 8 months after my RNY, that reduced my "window of oportunity" quite a bit since I was not exercising as vigorously as I needed to. THAT is my only regret about having open surgery (the scar is well worth the results).
Most Active
Recent Topics