Hello, I am a woman who h...

poppink
on 11/26/05 1:29 pm - owensboro, KY
Hello, I am a woman who had a rny in march 2004 and I went from 238 down to 144 in 6 months and than started gainning it back and now I am back up to 195 and still gaining and I forgot to say I also have a heria and a ucler and I am wanting to get a revsion I have medicare and tricare and would like to get the ds but I am not sure if they will pay for it and I can't find a doctor close to me to do it. well I have been told doctor husted in nashville takes that insurance but when I called they said only for hospital part. So much for that I need a doctor who will take all my insurance. anyone out there who can help with any answers?
dolliesworld
on 11/27/05 1:57 am - SUNRISE BEACH, MO
YOU ARE VERY WELL INSURED, AND DONT HAVE A CLUE WHO WOULD DO A DS ON YOU. WISH I COULD HELP MORE KEEPS US POSTED GOOD LUCK. NOTHING LIKE BEING HEALTHIER FOR THE NEW YEAR. GOD BLESS MELODIE
RobinH
on 11/27/05 5:54 am - Mustang, OK
I would look into Dr. Gary Anthone in Nebraska. I know he does the DS and is also suppose to be really good. I also know he does take different insurance. When I talked to Dr. Husted office, she said that they will file but only as out of network. Good Luck!! I wish I could go to Dr. Anthone but not financially able too. I am going to have a revision to a distal RNY from a failed VBG I had in 2000. Take care!!
Nancy Degenmeister
on 12/5/05 8:18 am - Bergen County, NJ
Has it been determined why the regain is happening? Is there a mechanical issue with your original surgery? Or a behavioral issue? Very important to know before deciding on a revision (which is more dangerous than the original surgery). I assume you've discussed all this with your original surgery? You're not even 2 years out...have you had your mechanics checked? Nancy
corliss
on 12/7/05 11:53 am - Lupton City, tn
Check out Dr. Husted in Nashville. He does revisions and DS. Thanks
Morganna
on 1/3/06 1:36 am
You might want to try Dr. Alverdy in Chicago. I had my DS with him in April of 2005. I've lost 117 lbs. so far and I'm feeling wonderful. I do believe he takes medicaid/medicare but I'm not sure which - it would be worth a phone call and Chicago is not all that far from you. Best of luck to you - Morganna in Indiana
Most Active
Recent Topics