My faith is leaving me.... Help

msnell
on 11/28/05 5:43 am - Naperville, IL
I am a revision waiting for a approval from Aetna. Denied waiting for Dr to write a letter on my health behalf. I'm losing support because of bad prees about the surgery and I had a few complications fr last surgery in 1993 a blood clot and infection in my insicision area and i' m back overweight. My dad stated he was glad i got denied bc it's to risky. I feel so traped in this body. Should i throw my towel in ? I'm morbid obesty help. Hurry i want this surgery sooo bad...
hessie28
on 11/28/05 11:41 am
Hi, Keep fighting and fighting and fighting. I had the same problem with the Sleep Center Dr. I kept faxing and calling. Finally the surgeon's office had to call them and tell them they were causing me harm because they were holding up my approval because they didn't send copies of my visits. It worked. The complications you had with the last surgery you could have had with any surgery. This time they would take extra precuations. I had complications the first time. I had a small leak which fixed itself. I had strictures which had to be stretched through several endoscopies. I had nausea the first year. It was rough. When I started gaining I knew the Revision was the only way. I was denied and it took months to get my appeal together but I won. I have a copy of the appeal. Just send me your email address and I will send you a copy if you want. I also got Dr. notes from every Dr. from 2002 to present. It showed all my problems from the first surgery to present. Dr. will write down all your complaints. It shows weight gain etc. There is always bad press. It is always from sources that are ignorant. I remember The View talk show did a piece on the surgery and it was all negative. I emailed them a complaint and they said they would address on a future show but I never saw it. Now rumor has it the host had the surgery. Who knows. Maybe you can print some things and show your family. They don't realize that by not doing the surgery you will get worse. I won't lie. I was scared to have the Revision. Heard it was risky and higher change of leaks. I just did it. So good luck with everything.
Most Active
Recent Topics