Fistula closed

kathymoss
on 11/29/05 8:20 am - Missouri City, TX
Thank the dear Lord -- it has been 3.5 months since my revision and due to complications after the August 10 surgery, I was operated on a second time, resulting in an open wound. with a fistula in my stomach that was draining into the wound. It is FINALLY closed as of 11/25. My wound is almost closed and I feel like a human again. The pick line for the TPN was removed on Friday, November 18 because of an infection -- spent the weekend in the hospital with high fever. All of this is due to multiple abdominal surgeries. Let's hope no one ever has to cut open my belly again. Thank goodness for an excellent, excellent surgeon who took extra good care of me these past three and a half months -- Dr.Garth Davis, Houston, Texas. Think long and hard before having multiple revisions -- the scar tissue doesn't hold the stitches and can result in problems similar to mine.
dawn1234
on 12/5/05 11:45 pm
I will keep you in my prayers....I also had complications that were very similiar to yours in June of 2005. I had a fistula form from the new stomach pouch to the outside abdominal wall. I had a penrose drain in that drained the area....and I have staples that actually fell out of stomach pouch. It was a scary time! I pray that you heal quickly and fully! Hugs, Dawn
Most Active
Recent Topics